OT, what brand axle?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT, what brand axle?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

I got this tt bed out of my aunts woods. It was made into a dump trailer. Anyone know what the axle is out of?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 04:56 pm:

Think that's a Terraplane, can't remember what they called it. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 06:03 am:

I have never seen a front axle made that way. Is it made that way to be a type of independent front suspension? Looks like it would work well that way, but would add a LOT of unsprung weight?? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 08:02 am:

David Sullivan was correct, Hudson Terraplane, 1934 only. It was their first attempt at independent front suspension.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 09:13 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 01:41 am:

Just had a 1934 Nash listed on our Ebay and has the same axle listed with it's spares. Don't know what's under the car? can't see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 08:43 am:

Neat find. This is one of those items that the right person would pay well to have if they needed it for a restoration.

Makes me think of the guy who brought down a flat bed trailer full of old car frames, axles, and various chassis parts that mostly couldn't be identified.
That was about 15 years ago at Chicksha before it started getting smaller.
He had come from Nebraska and didn't sell anything that wasen't T related. Maybe some of the other parts would have sold at Hershey
Hopefully someone will need the axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 07:54 pm:

This thing is probably like the knee action front suspension on 34-35 Chevy Masters,looked great on paper.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration