Adapting a older Zenith Manifold to a More Modern Zenith Model B carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Adapting a older Zenith Manifold to a More Modern Zenith Model B carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bean on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

I have a photo of my adaptation for my carburetor set up.
I have a conventional throttle rod from the steering column to the bell crank on the manifold and a modified Model A throttle rod from the bell crack to the carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

That is a nice and clean set up. Well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 05:56 am:

Nice :-)
How does it run?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 11:26 am:

Neat! By the way, that is a Model B type carb. The B's used a cable connector to the GVA (gas valve adjuster) that you could pull for choke or twist to adjust the fuel. If there is room the Model A style rod assembley will work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 11:29 am:

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199412

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bean on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 01:14 pm:

The engine runs good. I replaced the worn throttle shaft with a part from Snyder's.
I use a modified choke rod from a Model A. It goes through a floorboard and works as intended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 08:22 pm:

Yes I know you know it's a Model B carb, I miss read into what was written. :-)AM needed more coffee!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Thomas Forsythe on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 07:59 am:

A few shots of my installation a few years ago-"B Manifolds and Zenith II carb" on my '12 Touring. All works very well,producing additional power when needed. Enjoy; TomB manifolds & Zenith II Carb on '12 T  B manifolds& Zenith II Carb on '12 T (2)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration