1922 Center Door body wood sorting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1922 Center Door body wood sorting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

I'm slowly inventorying what pieces are there. I have noticed that some pieces have been replicated, before the gent I got it from obtained it.

So pieces I thought were not of the car, actually are.

Now my question is this: The parts book claims the front pillars for a 1922 center door are the same as a 1922 Coupe. Is this correct?

I think Don Booth told me you could use these pieces from a Coupe kit.

I also know the top is available from a wood supplier for the center door, but not the pillars. (unless the coupe is used)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

It is called a "coupe pillar" for the coupe, center door and 4 door but the parts numbers are not the same. They would be made differently anyway, the 22 coupe would have that latched at the front with hinges at rear of door, the center door would have cut outs for the cross bracing etc. The name is an old one that predates the Model T and it's use, I think that even with the 28/29 Model A's, the front pillar was called the same. Might be the shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 12:31 pm:

On the drawing for the center door, it labels the front pillars as COUPE.

That's why I'm asking if the pieces are similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 03:27 pm:

William, I never said that. The centerdoor is its own beast. The body's of the same year can also differ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 04:23 pm:

maybe I misunderstood what you told me. I'll have to research more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 06:23 pm:

William if I recall correctly we discussed similarities of the pillars. Also similarities of the base frame wood. I may have misspoken but I doubt the pillars are exact between the two body styles. You also need to take a look at the base of the "A" pillar there are two different styles. I'm referring to whether the body at the bottom of the pillar has a flare to the cowl or is it flat. You can see what I'm talking about on this link...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/520850.html?1440016651

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 08:20 pm:

You can not look just at words, you have to look at the part number.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration