Old Photos-Model S

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photos-Model S
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 02:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

Those show nice detail of another great Model. Again I became more fascinated with these through the Vintage Ford magazine. The Vol. 4 No. 6 (1969) had an article on N, R & S including some fantastic photos an "S" in Oregon. These cars are fun to see and learn more about here among the Model T's.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

Cool pics, I can't help but notice....it looks to me like the young lady on left is " flipping the bird" to the guy at the car. Am I the only that sees it? Lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 05:43 pm:

Richard, she is grasping the top prop, thumb on one side , forefinger along the prop and the rest curled on the other side. I have no idea when giving the bird became the thing to do.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 05:51 pm:

Strictly speaking, Model S Roadster, with the metal cowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

Yes Allan I'm sure that is what she is doing, but to the untrained eye...that is what I saw....thx for clearing that up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

I have never in my life knowingly, or willingly, offered or given such a hand/finger gesture. Okay. I admitted it. You can now say that I am a prude.
I have, however, on only a couple occasions, realized that I had while hanging onto something roughly the shape of a top bow inadvertently made something approximating such a gesture. So I can tell you from personal experience that it is possible to commit such a faux pas.

Wonderful photos of some cars I sure wish I had. Thanks all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 07:28 pm:

I actually think that these photos are all of one and the same car. The angle of a couple of the pictures make it difficult to say for certain. However, it appears to have the same small dent on the top of the cowl in all three pictures. Between this thread, and another with pictures of a few NRS cars, I am really enjoying the pre-Ts today. I sure wish I could get a project pile for one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 08:05 pm:

I think Wayne is right, looks like the same guy wearing the same cap in all 3 pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 08:22 pm:

In the top photo, I think the mechanic is either detaching the timer pull rod or reataching it to the spark lever. Notice that the floorboards are out of the car.

The timer on NRS series engines is located at the left rear part of the motor next to the timing gears. These timers were designed to use a special Bowen Oiler to lubricate the camshaft at the point where the timer rides on it. This Oiler has to be refilled periodically with fresh oil, and it is a miserable thing to get to. The pullrod has to be detached in order to rotate the NRS timer far enough to get access to the oilerís reservoir. Once that is complete, the timer cover needs to be removed (NRS Cars used a two-piece timer similar to the early Model Ts). Now the timer roller can be lubricated with an oil can.

Reverse these steps to reassemble all the parts.

One more thing... since the exhaust pipe on an NRS runs down the left side of the chassis - very close to the timerís location, you donít want to lubricate the timer or adjust the expose transmission bands until the engine, transmission and exhaust pipe are cold. I usually will tackle oiling the timer the first thing in the morning before starting the car for the first time that day.

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 02:19 pm:

Thank you Trent for your insight.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration