TT seat springs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: TT seat springs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Fahrni on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

What am I missing here? I know I'm missing the hinged panel that goes over the gas tank, but what keeps the seat springs in place? There's 3-4 inches of front-to-back movement. Should there be a cleat on the hinged panel that holds the seats forward? If anyone has any pictures of the panel and/or of what holds the seats that would be great. Also, does something go behind the backrest spring? It sits away from the back of the cab because of the two vertical ribs where the back panel bolts together. I would think the backrest springs would get bent up from lack of support between the ribs,
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

There is a hinged board over the storage area behind the gas tank. That board is thick and serves as a stop for seat cushions and prevents them from sliding back. It does not cover the tank to the best of my knowledge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Fahrni on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 09:18 pm:

Ok, thanks! That makes sense.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration