Old Photo- 1911 Racer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo- 1911 Racer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 08:10 am:

Look at that front tire. I guess the racing budget was not too great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenneth w delong on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 09:08 am:

With no dust caps/grease cups/or hubcaps which will break first the tire or the bearing? Anyone know what make it is? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 10:04 am:

How's about the chain drive live rear axle ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 10:14 am:

Perhaps a two cylinder chain drive car. The dainty front springs mounts and the bracket for the rear radius rods are good clues but not ones I recognize.
Cute.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 04:33 pm:

Here's a link to the post card on Ebay but the writing on the back doesn't help identify the car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Men-In-Old-Race-Car-Racer-Sterling-Illinois-Posted-1911 -Vintage-RPPC-Postcard/323527537344?hash=item4b53be72c0:g:jqAAAOSwhwdVU8o1:rk:1: pf:1&frcectupt=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, November 05, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

The 16 spoke wheels should be a giveaway if someone is in he know.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Bloxsome on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 03:04 am:

NO BRAKE DRUMS ? POSSIBLY CONVERTED FROM AN EARLY FAIRMONT OR RAIL MOTOR .

Victor ...........From Queensland ,State of narrow gauge 3ft 6in rail from top to bottom .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 09:10 am:

Gol, Victor, it's a RACER ! Supposed to GO ! Not stop ; - )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 09:14 am:

Would that be a coil box on the running board?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 10:08 am:

The wheels look as if they were buggy wheels cut down for auto rims and felloes. The hubs are similar to wagon hubs. The front axle has that look also.
It is a good puzzle anyhow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 10:26 am:

The first thing to go...already went. As evidenced by the tire girdle on left front...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 10:27 am:

Well Herb

I just now saw your words ABOVE the picture...duh!

Never mind!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, November 09, 2018 - 10:54 am:

A few times, I've seen wagon wheels cut down to fit inside automobile or truck rims. The hubs are typical of horse-drawn gear, and so is most of what can be seen of the suspension. I'm betting the whole car is a "bitsa" invention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

Maxwell?? Headlights, tool box looks right. Cool tire patch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie Rathbone on Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 08:54 pm:

Love the patch on the front tire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 12:04 pm:

The frame, chain drive, hood and cowl all have me thinking early two-cylinder REO.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration