Old Photo - Model T Era, Lawrence Street, Helena, Mt.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Model T Era, Lawrence Street, Helena, Mt.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 07:34 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 11:46 pm:

It still looks a lot like that today. The big building in the center was the Post Office, now it is the City County building. New post office out where it is easier to drive to and has good parking.

Mount Helena in the background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, November 08, 2018 - 07:28 am:

That's a pretty town as best I can tell from the picture. Nice to think it still looks the same. That appears to be a pretty good hill coming into town. Hard on those brake bands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 08, 2018 - 08:33 am:

Helena is a great place. The Montana Historical Society Museum there was inspiration to me as a child. The Charlie Russell exhibit and scale models of Virginia City and a buffalo jump are still vivid memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Thursday, November 08, 2018 - 08:41 am:

Stan, is that you on the corner? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, November 08, 2018 - 10:04 am:

I love those old street lights. We had them here in L.A. too when I was a kid. Too bad cities take them out. St. Helena, California comes to mind. They have always been there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Thursday, November 08, 2018 - 01:33 pm:

About the same place today.

Ken

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration