NYT article: Model "T" Survives California Fires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: NYT article: Model "T" Survives California Fires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 06:08 am:

Here's the link:

https://nyti.ms/2zbs24a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 06:24 am:

Wow that T was meant to survive. I feel bad for the Westbrooks starting over at that stage in life. My heart goes out to all those people. I hope the T finds a good home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 07:09 am:

As James said, "WOW", what a story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 07:13 am:

I am always amazed how the words “Model T” have such universal recognition. So much so that the author of the article didn’t even have to put “Ford” or “antique car” in front of it for the reader to understand what the story is about. Hard to think of another car that has that kind of name recognition.

I hope too it can find a good home and give the present owners some relief.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 08:57 am:

We made a similar decision in 2003 when we had to evacuate because of a fire. We took my pickup and wife's Buick. We were fortunate. The fire came 100' from our house and garage, but the T's were safe and in our case the house was still there.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 09:56 am:

Heartbreaking story for those poor folks. No one should have to endure all that's gone on there, especially older folks with health conditions. My prayers go out to everyone out there daily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 10:39 am:

Latest news is that the evacuation center has Norovirus. These people are living in tents, have lost all possessions in the fire and then illness too!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 02:03 pm:

Just one evacuation center has it. I was in Chico yesterday, the Wal Mart and Cosco parking lots look like homeless camps. While we need the rain, these folks will really be in a mess when it comes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration