Switch Plate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Switch Plate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl - Michigan's Thumb on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 10:36 pm:

Newbie question - am I correct that this switch plate from my 1917 Touring was originally outlined with black paint?

SW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 10:45 pm:

Not the correct switch cover - '17 would have been steel w/raven finish - not brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 11:39 pm:

As Steve says, it is probably not correct, but it is a beauty! They never had a black background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 12:45 am:

If you drive with the key pointed up instead of down you're less likely to kick it and shut off the engine while you're driving. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl - Michigan's Thumb on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 09:57 am:

Hmmm... Ok, not a '17 but could it be a '16? My car was built in Sept. 1916 so it was an early '17 model year. I've found other things that looked like '16 leftovers.

The first owner had it for 33 years, the second for 60... you wouldn't think they'd have swapped much out.

Steve, good point as usual :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

The steel cover plate was introduced in the latter part of 1915 on the 1916 year model cars; my Dec.15 has the steel cover. Not saying it isn't possible, but not likely--probably the blued steel started rusting, and this was put on very early in the car's life?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration