Old Photograph- Yaaayh! Winter's here!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photograph- Yaaayh! Winter's here!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 11:34 am:

How many of you impossibly survived your youth despite doing fun things like this??

"Automobile pulling sleighs and toboggans in High Park, (Toronto, Ont.) 29 Dec. 1918"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 12:25 pm:

Oh What fun! I'm sure there will be some comments on doing that these days.
Life was simple then.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

If we hadn't survived, this page would be blank. The question is: HOW did we survive?
The answer is: By the laws of Nature; Only the strong survive. BUT, the laws didn't specify exactly what strength helped you survive. Could be odor. After all, the angel of death won't kiss you if you've been eating garlic. Come to think of it, no one else will kiss you either.

Thanks for the picture. Brings back great memories for me as I am sure it does/will for many of us.

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 12:59 pm:

When I was a kid in the 60s we would pull car hoods from the early 50s cars instead of a tabagon behind a P U truck. We could go pretty dang fast until my little brother broke his leg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 01:07 pm:

Hmm Terry,
Also the Angel will avoid those who have just consumed Lutefisk--as will every other non-Norwegian--and even some of them will avoid that person.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenneth w delong on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 01:34 pm:

It was great fun on our sleds so long ago! We usually used a C Allis tractor and tied the sleds with binder twine at staggered distance to haul more kids.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, November 16, 2018 - 03:42 pm:

When I was just a youngster, My brother and I would hook up are horse to an old car hood and ride all day. We had a great time back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 08:47 am:

The year listed is correct as those licence plates are Ontario 1918 only style.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration