Did these have a ford part number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Did these have a ford part number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 06:11 pm:

I have what appears to be a nos throttle / spark quadrant
No holes for mounting and no. Part number.
I looked on 6 other steering columns and I find no numbers on
Them either . It does look exactly like an old original part.
Thanks in advance for any help Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 06:35 pm:

I've stripped and painted 2 now and they had no markings or numbers. One was a 1924 one a 1925. I am interested also to know this answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joss sanderson on Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 07:04 pm:

Have never seen a number on a quadrant

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 07:58 pm:

Haven't seen any markings at all over the years on a quadrant.
Dont think there are markings on the column tube either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

That photo is indeed a NOS LATE quadrant. I put a NOS one in my '25 with a used gear case. It was a job getting the rivet holes to line up, but I did it. Another thing, if you are a purist, you should measure the rivet heads too, because if you get them too big, they won't look right. I riveted mine from the bottom side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 12:20 am:

3509 is the number and 0.25$ it's price on August 5, 1928.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 01:34 am:

On Page 21.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 08:08 am:

Thanks everyone the quadrant is sold pending funds
Thanks Daniel and MTFCA
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 09:48 am:

The quadrant is pictured in the Ford parts book. That is one of the few parts Henry didn't stamp a trademark on, or a factory number.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration