Bronze steering bracket bushing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Bronze steering bracket bushing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

I love the selection of bronze bushings at my local hardware store. They have an exact fit for the single bushing type steering bracket.

Bushing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark A Strange on Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 04:14 pm:

Lucky you!

The last "real" hardware store near me closed last year. It was the kind of store where a person greeted you at the door, you told them what you were looking for, and they led you through the catacombs to the item. They had everything.

Last year, the couple that owned the store retired and sold out to a much younger gentleman. He got rid of the entire inventory and converted it into just another cookie cutter Ace Hardware. What a loss! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Conklin on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 11:06 pm:

I bought my bushings from a new Ace,selection was just like in the picture.
I used 2 longer than stock bushings which ride on unworn portions. A Dremel tool was used to form grease channels. A felt, flat washer and hose clamp where placed on the shaft above the bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 02:02 am:

Ace is the place! I am so happy to have one within a few blocks of my house. :-) Can't get everything, but darn good selection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 08:40 am:

I used an old triple gear bushing in mine. Just press it in and drill or ream to 3/4".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 09:55 am:

Ace does have a surprising good selection of small parts such as shims, bushings and lots of other small pieces and parts.
More than most hardware stores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 10:36 am:

Most of the “hardware store” bushings are sintered bronze, or oillite bronze and unfortunately will not last very long compared to a proper solid bronze bushing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration