Checking For Money Counterfeit Money

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Checking For Money Counterfeit Money
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 03:35 pm:

FYI Tis the Season. Most money including $5,10,20,& $100 Bills now have fluorescent images and stripe's on them. A small black light flash light will make them lite up like a Christmas tree if they are valid. Old money may not have the markings,But they make pens that test for correct paper like many stores use. If You have any doubt at all refuse to accept any money that doesn't check out. Mainly $100 & maybe $20 dollar bills. They call it "FUNNY Money" but if You get stuck with some counterfeit $100 bills. It Aint FUNNY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 06:07 pm:

Awe man, and I just bought tons of it from someone advertising here a few weeks back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 06:16 pm:

I'll pay my parts bill with cash this month, spread it around a little. They don't check...lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio in TN on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 06:27 pm:

To add to Jim's warning, some criminals actually bleach $1.00 bills and then print them as $20's, $50's and $100's.The vertical security stripes are located in different locations on the different denominations as an additional check for you.

Too bad they don't use such effort to make our world a little better. Happy Thanksgivings to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 07:15 pm:

I converted all my traveling cash into pills and pot after reading the warning on the forum about traveling with large amounts of cash. I don't think their counterfeit?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 08:12 pm:

Last week in Watertown, NY there was a newspaper article about a guy that purchased something for $300 from a young couple.

They took the money to the bank to deposit it and were told it was for movie props only and not real money.

They called the buyer and he said he was sorry and would bring the item right back.

They also called the police and he was arrested when he returned the item.

He told the police he bought the money on the Internet and he had a lot more $100s and $20s at home yet.

Unfortunately, he will not be buying much for Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 09:22 pm:

Iím with Jim Fisher III
Pills and pot seems to be the only safe way to go.

It is time for you old guys to get with the modern times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, November 22, 2018 - 04:35 am:

My wife got a fake 100 at her business a few years ago. The Secret Service agent that came to talk to her said the only way to tell is by running your finger nail over the coat of the picture of who ever is on the bill. You will feel the little dots that make up the printing. That is only way to be sure. He said the pens are a joke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Merrick on Thursday, November 22, 2018 - 07:18 am:

20 years ago I got a $20 bill at a bank ATM in a stack of 20's. As I was counting them I saw a $1. I held it up to the back camera showing the $1 on one end and $20 on the other. I then went into the bank, they replaced it, and I signed paperwork. It was a cut and paste job that had gotten past the bank. Ever since, I always check my withdrawal cash before pulling away from the drive up ATM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Thursday, November 22, 2018 - 08:06 am:

2 years ago I sold a truck for cash to a 75 year old fella. Noticed a 100.00 bill with the edge chewed up like a mouse got it. And said something like,looks like you have a mouse.
The bank flagged that bill! It was made that way to distract your attention from the rest of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, November 22, 2018 - 10:05 am:

The unfortunate thing about counterfeit money is that it is like the Old Maid card game. Whomever gets caught with it last, is the loser. If you take a bad bill to the bank to deposit it and they catch it, they don't hand it back to you, but seize it and you, at best, are out the money. At worse, are suspected and questioned for trying to pass it.

Selling stuff off Craigs List for cash in dark parking lots is risky enough, but the fake money is also a risky proposition.

I had a get rich quick idea about crating fake $2 bills by erasing the zero off a real $20 bill. But my wife came up with some strange idea that it would not be profitable. I'm still working on the idea.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration