Help with TT wood cab (Martin-Parry?)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Help with TT wood cab (Martin-Parry?)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason D on Sunday, November 25, 2018 - 02:19 pm:

I have what looks like an after market Martin-Parry wood cab on my TT. It's fairly complete but needs to be restored. I am missing several boards use to attach the floor of the cab to the chassis.

The Martin-Parry website has some great catalogs and my cab most closely resembles the Cab No. 52 found on page 23 of the 1919 catalog. I contacted the Martin-Parry website owner and they do not have any cab blue prints.

Does anyone out there have a cab that resembles mine that you could send me pictures/dimensions of? This would greatly help me piece together what I am missing.

Thanks!
Jason

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason D on Sunday, November 25, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, November 25, 2018 - 03:42 pm:

While I can't help you I am enjoying your excellent photos of that wonderful body.
Thanks and best of luck.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas Landers NE Indiana on Sunday, November 25, 2018 - 04:18 pm:

The curve in the bottom of the cab is a great look. More difficult to deal with than mine but well worth it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas Landers NE Indiana on Sunday, November 25, 2018 - 05:35 pm:

Jason I sent you an email with my phone number. I cant text photos of parts easier than email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, November 25, 2018 - 08:31 pm:

Marvellous :-)

I would suggest replacing all the glass with safety glass too while you have it apart.

All the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason D on Monday, November 26, 2018 - 03:12 pm:

Thanks everyone. Anyone else recognize this cab or one similar? I didn't see any on the Martin-Parry registry that resembles mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Monday, November 26, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

Jason, you can read up on the history of the Parry company on coachbuilt. That was before they merged with Martin to become Martin-Parry. Surviving examples of Parry bodies are very rare, so you do have a treasure there, if you can substantiate it as Parry built. Sure looks like the details are close. ( I sold a Parry body tag a couple months ago. If you reach out to Jack Darons family, they may still have some. Jack reproduced them while he was still alive ) I have seen a Parry Hack but never a truck body. As Dallas mentioned, that curved body is a great early feature, as things were made less complicated later on. There were hundreds if not thousands of body companies out there, and only a very few made it until the late 1920s, with Martin-Parry being the largest. They became Chevrolet Body Divison, part of General Motors. Keep us posted on your history search. Great vehicle !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration