Anyone recognize this Duro work stand?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Anyone recognize this Duro work stand?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Monday, November 26, 2018 - 10:43 pm:

They make these type items to help in common tasks like Model T part rebuilding not obscure things but I can't connect this layout to anything T. There is a label and DURO can be made out but nothing else. Maybe early Ford tractors,whatever it is that head was made to hold something specific. It has casters so it was made to roll around. Any swag answers or an actual positive ID? Appreciate any help.picturepicturepicturepicture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, November 26, 2018 - 11:00 pm:

Seems like those four slots in the plate, one straight and the other three somewhat crescent-shaped might be an indication that this fixture was designed to facilitate the mounting of a number of similar, but slightly different design, or manufacture of machines or devices.

Oh yeah,...I knew I could help,....(:^)......harold (:^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 08:22 am:

I did a search for Duro.
I came up with this site:

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/270/2118.pdf

It seams that they have a lot of woodworking machinery.
They have a letter on the site from 1949 saying they had been in business over 30 years by then, so the might have started in 1919.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenneth w delong on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 09:15 am:

The up and down fixture on top is to hold something round? Could it be a stand to slip under a old wall or post mounted drill? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 10:02 am:

Flex shaft grinder stand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 10:51 am:

Thanks Herb,I also found some of that stuff online. I always figured the tray was for the nuts and bolts taken out of whatever was being worked on. Then they would be right there handy to put back. That's as far as I got.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 11:36 am:

I looked on ebay too. There are a lot of items by Duro there, but not this one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration