Small rear brake drum with two studs sticking out,what for?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Small rear brake drum with two studs sticking out,what for?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

This drum shows some usage but very little if any wear so why these studs were peened into it is a mystery to me. They did a pretty nice job of it. The outside ends look like stripped threads but it's probably a rough lathing job to reduce the size a bit. Any ideas?picturepicture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 11:57 pm:

It could very well be for some use having nothing to do with a Model T or any other car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 06:27 am:

This drum was also re-purposed as others were. (bolt holes welded up)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 07:37 am:

Might not be any thing more than a home made stand or holder for some forgotten purpose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 08:24 am:

Connection for auxiliary drive from rear wheel, pulley, dual wheel, ice cream churn, pump jack, etc,,,,,, ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 08:38 am:

Good start on a hcct. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 01:26 pm:

Rich, that looks like the drum replaced the driving end of a sickle-bar mower, pitman arm attached. ?? Lots of Model T bits and pieces ended up either repairing or becoming farm implements. As the 40 acre farmers went the way of the buffalo in the 60s most farm-steads were good places to mine for T parts. I miss the old days !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 01:56 pm:

It's another T part that was made into a what's it. And there has been a bunch.
Like Rich B. It's a reminder of what you find at farm auctions thru the 80's. Lots of T remains, pieces, and parts altered for no telling what.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fry on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

Early UHF TV rabbit ears!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 09:20 pm:

A component of a failed attempt at a two pronged confabulator, possibly from the Kalamity scrap pile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 08:34 am:

I would of used those long studs to attach a large flat pulley to the rear wheel of the T so I could run my gristmill and possibly my saw mill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 12:02 am:

Anybody interested in this thing for their "what's it"wall? Or it's a good,straight drum with zero pitting,the rods could be ground off,maybe a little gas or tig welding around what was left and use it. Open for offers.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration