OT OT OT: Riding the Beast

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT OT OT: Riding the Beast
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 11:50 pm:

https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/road/news/2016/11/video-driving-the-beast-of-turin -on-the-road-is-crazy/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 12:49 am:

I have seen several videos of that "Beast". Most impressive. I also followed its recreation on "theoldmotor" website. Again, most impressive!
Thank you Steve for sharing the link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Matthiesen on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 01:06 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TV2l6TOuGA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 07:12 am:

Great videos of an incredible "beast." Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 08:27 am:

Beast is right. A real fire breather. That is the best presentation of it I have seen.
Thanks for making my day.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn-Colorado on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 09:32 am:

Fantastic thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 09:37 am:

I think Rob Heyen should drive it on the New London to New Brighton!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 09:46 am:

A little more for those interested:

1. FIAT is an acronym for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino, I bet most of you can translate it.
2. The car has an in-line 4 cylinder engine that displaces 28.5 liters.
3. It has 3 spark plugs for each cylinder.
4. The first S76 was produced in 1910 and kept by FIAT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 09:59 am:

It's legal in Britain to drive a car on the road when it has no lights?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 07:15 pm:

It is legal in most states in this country, if the car was built before lights were required. That detail varies some from state to state. I believe (don't quote me on this) in Califunny, it is about 1921, but I forget the exact year. When I had my 1919 gray model T racing car, I was told "no problems" by the CHP about it having no lights. They mentioned the exact year to me at that time.

I do not know what the rules are like in the British world. And since the "Beast" is largely a recreation (although one of the best and most accurate ever done!), I don't know how that affects the car in England or Britain. My understanding is that there are a few pieces of the car that are original from the real original "Beast". That could make a difference.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration