All Done with a Riveting Experience

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: All Done with a Riveting Experience
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

For those of you who followed my reshaping the replacement rivets for the steering gear case to column. Here is the finished job. Hope it looks authentic enough for those who care.

Riveted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 07:33 pm:

VERY nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 07:44 pm:

Looks great Mark !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley Atlanta TX on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 08:07 pm:

You done good— East Texas for, excellent workmanship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 10:23 pm:

NICE!! what's the bottom side look like? (yea, I'm nosy)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 11:08 pm:

Here is the “verso” ... the actual riveted end. As the Irish would say “I’ve seen worse”

Verso

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 30, 2018 - 11:43 pm:

That looks as close to perfect originals as I have ever seen!

Ya done good! (Places other than Texas say that also!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas Landers NE Indiana on Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 08:13 am:

Looks great Mark! Making parts look right is a joy when they turn out that nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 08:49 am:

60 years from now that column will the subject of BRUTAL arguments as to originality....WELL DONE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 10:00 am:

I'm glad you spent the time to do it correctly! Now go back and look at some of the horrible jobs that Dan Treace posted!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 10:45 am:

I have no reason to believe that my column had been apart before I had at it. The factory riveting job wasn't anywhere near as nice as yours, Mark. Neither was mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

Nice job, Mark! This thread will provide a nice mini - tutorial for those who have to do this job in the future.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 01:14 pm:

Interesting, Looked at this thread this morning, and I would have sworn I'd posted right after Wayne saying,"What Wayne said!" Fabulous job, when can you do mine? :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration