Old Growler Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Growler Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

This Old Growler will still work with new wiring, but there seems to be something missing from it.

There are 4 1/4th inch holes in each corner and two larger holes that seem to have no purpose.

There are also two wooden probes, with 1 inch brass points, about 5 X 3/4th inches long that could use new wires.

Does anyone still have a complete working unit that could identify the missing items?

Growler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

James

the two larger holes are where you put the probes when you're not looking for shorts (and you don't want to be electrocuted).

Use a low wattage bulb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

Why didn't I think of that!

Thanks Scott!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 08:36 pm:

the 4 holes are to screw it down . charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 10:15 pm:

No problem James
I have that exact same unit and had to ask/answer that question myself years ago!

It's an effective tool, but not OSHA approved, so use it with care. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration