1925 Window Regulator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1925 Window Regulator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By craig hall on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 05:57 am:

I'm looking for an expert to repair a window regulator for my 25 coupe. Replacement parts for a 26-27 do not really mesh real well and bind up most of the time,the pitch is to small. A gear manufacture may have to be found to make this work. The regulator has 5 holes for mounting so these parts are rare. Any advice would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 07:02 am:

Snyders has the correct gears, Jack Putnam furnishes them, saw them in person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 10:43 am:

I think the 28 A pickup regulator will fit, and I think they are around $25 for the whole regulator brand-new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 10:27 pm:

Craig-post the Ford part number for the regulator- I have a few that might be what you are looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

Which one of these is it.

John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 04:32 pm:

I'm glad John Page posted the parts book window regulator picture. Ford used several different ones. Really helps in identification.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By craig hall on Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

For a 25 coupe mine is 17200FX & 17201 FX

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 05:37 pm:

My '25 coupe (steel doors) uses the same ones as Craig's. It has model A ('26-'27 too?) style on it though from a previous owner. They are similar and work, but the windows don't go all the down. I'd like to find a good pair of originals. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, December 10, 2018 - 07:55 pm:

My Late 24 with wood frame doors has the 17200DX.
This model will work either right or left. I was lucky the car still had one in it.
I looked for 2 years for another one and found it on EBay. I got it for $1.75. Nobody bid on it but me. Call it lucky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jahn Wright - Rio Rancho NM on Monday, December 10, 2018 - 08:31 pm:

Anyone know of a good replacement roller for the end of the arm (17200/17201 FX)? One of mine is broken, the other won't turn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, December 10, 2018 - 09:03 pm:

I have an extra 1700 cx.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, December 10, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Regulator parts pages attached
Lets see if this works

scan001.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, December 10, 2018 - 09:38 pm:

Regulator part numbers page attached
see notes at bottom for obsolete and replaced by

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration