Old Photo Don't get bit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo Don't get bit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 11:43 am:

You know this is a posed shot because the guy playing the breakee is standing. In the real world he would be passed out on the ground. VOE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 11:46 am:

Probably advertising the First Aid Kit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 11:56 am:

Non-demountable rims all around but no provision for cowl lights. Car looks new enough to have one or the other. (non demountable rims with cowl lights or demountable rims and no cowl lights)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 12:40 pm:

Steve, some people have high pain thresholds. My grandson once broke both arms and the ambulance crew wouldn't believe it because he wasn't screaming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 12:46 pm:

Yeah...if that was my Father-in-law, he'd wrap some sort of grass or something around his broken wrist and finish working for the day.

I swear that man is an alien from another planet. He never gets sick and never shows the slightest complaint about injuries that are obviously terrible.

He recently had a kidney removed and, to the horror of the nurses, moved himself from one hospital bed to another within minutes after waking up from the surgery. He refused all pain medication and wanted to go home a few hours later. He's been retired for quite a while but won't sit at home. Instead, he started a one-man landscaping service and works in the Texas sun all through the summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

-Jem-
Might it be a 'Mind over Pain' thing? I've had root canals done without anesthetic, yet will feel a flash of pain in my my legs when I see someone fall.

"Happy T-ing!"
Just fix it (right) and make it work....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 01:21 pm:

That must have been a terrific first aid kit. The ones we have today won't fix a broken wrist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Walker UK on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 02:23 pm:

Forgot to fully retard and kept his thumb on the wrong side?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 02:28 pm:

My late father-in-law, who grew up in the west of Ireland and used to wind field coils with me, worked for the gas company as a field pipe fitter. One winter on the job he slipped on some ice. He got up, tried to shake it off, and worked for weeks afterward, climbing in and out of ditches in the snow and ice. When his wife heard him groaning she almost literally dragged him to the doctor. To his great chagrin, he was off work for months afterward so his broken hip, with five pins in it, could heal. He just shrugged and said that as one of 11 kids in his dirt-poor family on the Irish mountainside, you took care of yourself and never sent for the doctor. Different world back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

Les, thumb location won't save you if you crank dangerously.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG101.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 06:35 pm:

As I get older I don't feel as much pain when I get injured. Sometimes I will look down and see that I have put a hole in my hand and it is bleeding and have no idea how I did that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 07, 2018 - 08:43 pm:

"What is that red stuff on the counter?"
"Oh."
"Guess I better wrap some electrical tape around that?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes, Lodi, CA on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 02:45 pm:

steel felloe wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 02:54 pm:

Actually, to add to what Steve Jelf said, the "thumb on the wrong side" thing is really a lot more important when someone foolishly tries to "spin" the engine when hand cranking, and "spinning" the engine is something that should never be necessary and something you should never do! That's what forces you to "lock" your elbow with your arm straight, and that's just asking for injury!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 08:27 pm:

I was cranking my T the correct way just pulling it over center, but I guess the spark was a little too advanced and it kicked back and wacked me on the back of my hand, didn't break any thing, but a good reminder, don't forget the spark lever.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration