Old Photograph- dealership magneto test bench

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photograph- dealership magneto test bench
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 11:00 am:

"Testing bench, magneto room,battery charging outfit, Winnipeg, Man. 1914."

The snappily dressed dude is Ewart McLaughlin, of McLaughlin/Buick fame, so I'm guessing that distributor/generator he's leaning against is off of an Edwardian Buick?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 12:58 pm:

Definitely a Buick starter generator Dale. Buick added the Delco System to all their motors in 1914.

A great photo. Where else but here could we see these wonderful things?
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 03:00 pm:

Thanks Richard!

It must have been a brand new unit set up on the repair bench to show their mechanics (or skeptical customers) how that new-fangled contraption worked.

I was looking at it backwards- I thought the bendix with the tag wired to it was the drive shaft geared into the front timing gear cover of the engine

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration