OT-avoid internet scams

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT-avoid internet scams
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 07:29 am:

There are a lot of ways to get scammed.
Send me $19.95 and I will tell you how to avoid it. Good day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 07:43 am:

Tommy: Do you accept PayPal, credit card or cash ??? LOL

Taken for what was meant, pure levity. Not true.

Ah, cabin fever setting in early ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 07:59 am:

I have ACME Self Cranking Model T Starting Tool for $29.99 +S&H but wait if you act within the next 20 minutes will send you a second set for free

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 08:48 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 09:52 am:

Bob, I noticed and thought the same thing from some posts recently. Think it's gonna be a looong winter!! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 10:03 am:

The check is in the mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 10:07 am:

In this age of instant money transferring, we really must be vigilant at all times. Sometimes things are accidental, but even so you must watch your money. This just happened yesterday:

I was at a local store and attempted to make a $25.00 purchase on my debit card. It was rejected. I called the bank and asked why was my card rejected. I was informed that my account was over $9,000.00 overdrawn. Long story short, my wife and I are installing a swimming pool. The payment agreement is 3 payments of 30% each upon certain completion points, then the final 10% at completion. I wrote a check on 12/3 for the 3rd 30%. The pool company "cashed" it electronically on 12/6. Then, on 12/10, they deposited the actual check into their account. So, the same check (a sizable check) was debited against my account twice.

We were able to get this problem straightened out quickly, but dang. Even though I'm convinced it was just a simple no malice screw up, if we had been traveling or something it could have caused untold catastrophic problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 10:31 am:

Given the eternal human capacity for chicanery and/or incompetence, it's remarkable that anything works at all. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark A Strange on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 10:36 am:

I agree with Steve. Someday we're all going to wake up to find that our bank and investment accounts have been emptied overnight. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 10:46 am:

Danged scammers! The lease on my Honda Accord EX expires in less than 60 days. Yesterday had a phone call and caller ID said Honda Le

Guy said he was from Honda Leasing and had a one day end of year special on my exact car. He would let me have it for 4000 less than the agreed buyout price. I asked him the buyout price and danged, he knew it to the penny!

Boy these guys are slick,eh?

I told him where to shove it and slammed the phone down! Doesn’t pay to even answer the phone anymore!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 10:54 am:

And now our sponsor brings you the biggest lies we hear everyday!
"We are sorry for your inconvenience"
Now the chief guest will say a "few" words
Ink eraser.. Never worked
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem
Estimated download time
“Your call is important to us.”
Ticking the check box which says, "I have read all terms and conditions."
CONGRATULATIONS !!! You are our 100,000th visitor... CLICK HERE!!!
9999999 games in 1
"We'll keep your resume and get in touch with you for the result of your interview."
"Last bite, I promise."
I won't judge
I'm on my way. Will be there in 5 minutes.
Santa Claus
Politicians' promises
Teacher, I have done the homework, but I forgot my notebook at home.
There are sexy singles in your area

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

I've been getting two calls a week about extended warranty coverage on my vehicles. Wonder which one they want to cover my '21 T or my '55 Studebaker pickup daily driver?

GR, you forgot... you can keep your doctor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 01:01 pm:

Tommy: wait a couple of years then tell them you have a '21 ford..... Yep I did forget that one, but I don't want to keep mine and if it weren't for needing Synthroid I wouldn't!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

Tommy, they want your credit card number first before they tell whats it going to cost and what is covered. SCAM!!!!!!!!!! I tell them that my newer car only has 143 miles or I tell them it has 300,000 miles they hang up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

I get calls from an 800 number that wants me to apply for a refund on software I didn't need or use up.

I just have to press 1 to apply for my refund!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration