Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: New member
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Davis on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 04:15 pm:

Hi. This is my first post. I purchased a 27 Model TT in Florida few weeks ago and just yesterday I brought it to Indiana. This is my first T and I have very little knowledge of them. I have been reading many of the post on here for a couple of weeks and am excited to get started learning. Please pardon me when I ask stupid questions.
As soon as I learn how to use this forum I will post pictures and tell of my plans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 04:20 pm:

Let me be the first to say welcome to the affliction. As this is your first one, you'll need this:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

There are a lot of valuable videos on you tube you may find helpful. And welcome. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 04:41 pm:

Get the. Ford service manuals, read and study them.

The manuals will give you a pretty good idea about what to expect in working on and driving your TT.

I would say that if you want to drive and enjoy your TT a good radiator is a must. Don't spend time and money on an original round tube unless it was a later recore.
You will soon find out if you TT is a geyser after driving it for a while. Have fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 04:59 pm:

Where in Indiana? A number of active people/ groups, plus the Museum in Richmond. Welcome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

His profile says Boonville. Google Maps says he's 241 miles from Richmond. I wouldn't mind being that close to Richmond.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

Welcome from Ohio.
There are no stupid questions, unless you already know the answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 06:26 pm:

Welcome. The search feature on the site is a life saver. When you can buy a couple of the books. They help allot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

If you'd like and don't have a digital service manual copy in pdf form: http://cimorelli.com/mtdl/servicemanual/default.htm
He also has many many other digital books on his site. Thanks again Tony! :-)
Welcome! Pics need to be 250K or smaller but we want to see!

(Message edited by duey_c on December 16, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 07:27 pm:

Welcome. The forum is a valuable resource along with the ford manuals. Have fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Davis on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 08:35 pm:

Thanks for making me feel welcome. Also thanks for all information and suggestions.
I am looking forward to my first trip to Richmond, maybe late winter.
Yes I am in the southwest corner of Indiana.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

There are no stupid questions. Lord knows I've asked some things that seem obvious to me now, after two years of working on my first T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wright, Martin, Ohio on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

Welcome fellow newbie! I bought my T the day after thanksgiving and have been having a blast learning about it. The people on here are great and I have learned so much just reading the posts. I have had so many people reach out offering help and encouragement I am sure you will as well. Have fun!
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Flowers - Apple Valley, CA on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

Hey Duane, if you don't ask stupid questions, you might break something! Don't ask me how I know. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:35 pm:

Welcome Duane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

Duane: There is really no stupid question- A saying I heard on time was quote "It is a lesser informed question" I was in the same boat as you a few years ago and sometimes I think I am still there.As the others have said get the Ford Service Manual, and read it a section at a time.Read it forward and then backwards.
That guy Steve Jelf the "OLe Geezer" has a lot of good answers. I know been there. I stopped and met him 2012 and a fantastic guy.
So get here and ask away, and some of the answer's may sound strange but you are new so take notes and log them into a binder note book for future reference.Welcome and have fun, and make the TT safe to drive-very important! Welcome and if you can find a club near you Join it as you will get some good help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Logansport Indiana on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

Welcome and now I need to look up where Boonville is :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas Landers NE Indiana on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 10:19 pm:

Close to santa claus Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Scholz on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 02:18 pm:

Welcome!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration