TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Davis on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 04:42 pm:

TT
Well if this works you should be able to see the picture. The truck runs and drives. I do not plan on restoring it. I plan on getting it where it starts and drives good and enjoying it as is.
As you can see I blocked the truck up so it was not riding on the spoke wheels from Florida to Indiana. Everything went great and I am ready to have fun with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 04:54 pm:

Gorgeous aftermarket cab and bed. You are to be greatly commended for planning on preserving this incredible specimen of TTs. Thanks for sharing pic and caption. If you’re new to that Warford tranny; be careful and learn about it before shifting on the move..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Davis on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 05:03 pm:

Thanks for the compliment and the advise. The tranny in it is a three speed. It also came with a two speed.
I do have a hood for it but unfortunately it is not the correct hood and does not fit well. However it will do for now and I hope to even find one that fits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 07:36 pm:

Bring those spokes back to life: sandpaper them real good then brush on as much 50/50 mix of boiled linseed oil and denatured alcohol that they’ll soak up...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas Landers NE Indiana on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

I like that alot. Keep us posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

My guess is that the two-speed is actually a Ruckstell rear axle. That plus the three-speed auxiliary transmission make this a very well-equipped truck indeed. What is the round thing in front of the firewall? I don't recognize it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:53 pm:

Horn?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 09:53 pm:

Steve,
Might that be a really large horn??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Davis on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 10:13 pm:

Yes it is a large oogha horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 07:58 am:

Those old wood bodies have great styling. Mother nature has made it even better.
Thanks for letting us look at it.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 09:37 am:

Needs a ghost image of REA on the panels, and overall TLC . Maintain and enjoy, thanks for rescuing it. Beautiful truck !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 09:40 am:

I too agree with preserve it the way it is while making it safe. That cab is awesome

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 10:13 am:

......and safety glass

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 07:44 pm:

Beautiful truck!
I think that's a real neat idea for shipping. :-) Why transmit every bump on the road thru the spokes on the trip. Very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 04:13 pm:

Fabulous!

I rub wood preservative on my truck. A bit of Kerosene works well :-)

Great to see such a survivor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

Great TT. And love that body, has great remaining lettering of Railway Express on the side boards.

On the door you can see witness mark of the angular REA metal sign that used to be there too.

Fine specimen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason D on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 06:54 pm:

Duane, really great TT! Are there any indicators inside the cab of who made it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Davis on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 07:24 pm:

I have look everywhere I know to look but have not found anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Davis on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 07:28 pm:

I have a hood for the truck however it is not the correct hood and does not fit well. That is something I can take care of in time. Either modify the current hood or try to find the correct hood.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration