Newport Hill Climb Results

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Newport Hill Climb Results
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

For the life of me I thought at one time you could access the most recent and past winners of the Newport Hill Climb on their website
www.newporthillclimb.com. Am i just missing it? Interested in the
F-1 and F-1M results past and present. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

No one out there who can share the results? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 12:46 pm:

I had the same questions.

???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim R. Wynn on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

I purchased a hard copy in book form of the results up thru several years ago while attending the event in 2017 (50th ann). We had the 5th generation go over the hill in a Model T that year.

You might be able to still purchase one. My name, as well as grandfather's are listed as placing in the F-1M class.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 05:24 pm:

Thanks Kim, where can the 2018 results be found? I have an engine that Andy Mounce once owned. I believe this is the engine that he ran on Pikes Peak and also won his class at the Newport Hill Climb. Hoping to see his name in the list of previous winners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 08:08 pm:

Click on the contact button and ask.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim R. Wynn on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 09:03 pm:

Joe, Andy was a close family friend. I have been to his house on several off thru the years.

The car that went up Pike's Peak was his white T touring. His T was the first to the top. I don't remember if it was a 26 or a 27. Mine was third to the top. That was back in the early 70s.

My book only goes back to 1999. If my memory serves me, he set a record over the hill with a full load of passengers.

If you would like, I will check old photo albums for pictures of the touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim R. Wynn on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 09:04 pm:

Should read "several occasions". I hate auto correct!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

Kim, if it's not too much trouble I would appreciate it. The 70's is the correct time frame. When I bought the engine from him he had mentioned it being in a 26/27 touring and winning his class in the Newport Hill Climb. The engine was built by Orville Enyeart. It has a "B" crank in it with high compression pistons, air compressor connecting rods, etc., etc. At the time I believe it was mated to a C4 transmission. Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim R. Wynn on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 09:49 pm:

Joe, You are correct. My sister road with Andy up Pike's Peak. I think she was about 13 yrs old at the time. That was one trip that I didn't take with my grandparents. My grandpa owned my T at that time. It was a 23 touring cut off with wooden pickup box. I believe that I have a copy of the Vintage Ford magazine that covered that tour. I will check in the am as I keep them as reference material in the garage.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration