Engine mesherments

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Engine mesherments
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MELVIN G,KING on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 03:23 pm:

I do not know why but I can not find the length of the main caps and internal specs again . Can anyone help please? Thanks MEL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 03:45 pm:

Any help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MELVIN G,KING on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 04:45 pm:

Yes ,that helps alot, thanks,MEL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 06:06 pm:

Melvin,
The cap length in it's self by the book are.
Rear 3-1/8"
front 1-15/16"

centre 2-1/8" babbitted, and yes the early parts books stipulate "babbitted"

Many re-builds over the years end up with a centre bearing cap too short, the centre bearing is as a rule the one that wears out first, If I can't find the right cap then I flange the babbitt to the right length of block and crank.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration