BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU PARK!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU PARK!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny_s on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 10:29 pm:

I had my '07 focus backed in to today. Glad it was not my '23 T. BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU CHOOSE TO PARK. PEOPLE ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny_s on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 10:35 pm:

She backed up 25+ft to hit my car. Cell phone probably...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 11:12 pm:

I've been hit twice in the past few years, each time I was in the car. On the first while I was at a gas station stopped waiting for a pump she put her car in reverse and backed into my door. The second time I was in a grocery parking lot and she (different she) decided to stop, put her car in reverse and back right into me.

You don't have to be parked to be hit, in fact you don't even have to be moving or on the road!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 11:22 pm:

Back in 1991 I had a new car. I was parked in the front row at a motel. I was afraid I was going to get a door ding from the cars next to me so I backed the car in the next row behind. One of the cars that I was afraid to get a door ding from backed up and took out my bumper, headlight, grille, fender and hood and then took off. My insurance had to pay for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, December 17, 2018 - 11:51 pm:

I had my '12 Torpedo getting ready loading the Seal Beach princess girls for their Christmas Parade there and a fellow club member in his T touring behind me was talking to / looking at the girls in his back seat rolled into the back me. Luckily it didn't smash into the brass tail light but did damage one fender and scar the right one some. We had a great time at the parade and the girls loves the cars!

We'll take care of the damage later...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 01:10 am:

Finally found a car horn that seems to work quite well, and fits with my cynical sense of humor, too. It is in MP4 format, (just me - tech dummy), so am unable to get it to load here. Ask me (PM) in the next few days if you wish it by email.

"Happy T-ing!" :-)
Just fix it (right) and make it work....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 01:23 am:

I had the same lady back into me twice! LOL It was a dark rainy night in the parking lot at a store with a line to get out of parking lot. Guess she saw me move about a foot ahead. I just kept going, it was just an old beater truck any way. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas Landers NE Indiana on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 05:54 am:

My truck has been hit twice. Once parked along the street and a woman drug the entire side of her 30 ft motor home down the side of my truck. Ripped the whole side out of the motor home.
The second time was at a stop light. A woman came up behind me and hit me in the balls! Let me explain, I have a reese hitch with the 3 sizes of balls on the head. She hit me and the car behind her hit her. The hitch on my truck mangled her truck but hardly knocked the dirt off my hitch. I had been sitting at the light for about 30 seconds when she hit me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James B on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 06:26 am:

I got backed into once when I worked at the grocery store. I was pulling shopping carts out of the stall and just glad he didn't hit me harder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 06:56 am:

I used to live in a very tourist area. I stopped behind a tourist who was stopped in the middle of the road trying to decide which way to go. Without looking, he backed into me. Did not hurt my truck but put a dent in his car. Wanted me to pay for the damage. Ha ha. Helps to have a railroad rail for a front bumper.

As I have gotten older I have learned a lot of things. One important thing that I have learned is to drive as safely as I can and not like a maniac. I am now thinking as I drive "what is the safest thing I can do in this situation." In the above situation I now would have stopped well behind the tourist and honked my horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 09:58 am:

I was rear ended in my van at a stop light and the young man tried his best to convince the police it was my fault. Since my van was a Windowless commercial version I had a camera facing rearward and just couldn't figure how to turn it off so it just recorded in a loop. When the officer saw the camera he wanted to know if it worked, I told him it did but I didn't understand how to download the video, he climbed into my van hit a couple of buttons and copied the video to a thumb drive. When he showed the video to the young man it clearly showed him on his cell phone! Ain't technology wonderful?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration