Duluth MN?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Duluth MN?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Scholz on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

Hi,
Anybody near Duluth MN?
What car shows/parades/events do you participate in?

Thank you
Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Cameron on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 10:30 am:

The most active club in minnesota is the t-totalers chapter of the MTFCI. Send me a pm for contact info. Several members in the duluth area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Scholz on Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 09:10 am:

Thanks Mark!

Glad to know I'm not alone up here.

Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George N. Lemperes on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

I live in Becker, MN I had my car in the Freedom Days Parade several years ago in order to keep a promise to my Mother-in-Law. I was not treated well because my car is in unrestored condition. I have not been in a parade or show since.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 02:58 pm:

-Hey, George-
It's sad when humanity drops out of sight, but "People will be people." If someone has a 'nose problem', no amount of snob appeal will ever work. They've acquired that bully personality trying to falsely feel good about themselves. Enjoy yourself, your hobby, as well as your accomplishments. After all, if someone has a 'problem' with someone or something, who's really got the 'problem'????? Repair or re-build (enjoy it) YOUR WAY! ('Cookie Cutters' exist for those without an imagination or are even capable of a thought process.) "Conform" to yourself! If a nose deserves to be 'tagged', it will happen appropriately.

"Happy T-ing!" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim R. Wynn on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 03:36 pm:

I have a license plate on my jalopy that reads "She may be ugly but she's all mine". Have fun with "your" T. Every kid in my neighborhood has driven my T.

When my kids were learning to drive, the State of Illinois required that the type of vehicle that was practiced in be listed on their paperwork. How many kids can list a 27 Ford Model T Speedster on an official document?

My middle daughter was able to list a WWII "duck" on her documentation as she was allowed to drive one of "The Original Wisconsin Dell's Ducks" while on vacation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 04:17 pm:

OT comment: This thread title made me think of a Sven & Lena joke:
Sven and Lena get married, as they are driving away form the reception in his pickup, he puts his hand on Lena's knee. Lena giggles, and says, "Sven, we're married now, you can go a little farther!"
So He does; he drives all the way to Duluth!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Scholz on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 04:44 pm:

Love it!
And Kim, That's pretty cool too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 12:10 am:

Hehehe! Ya, Sven isn't all that much is he, eh?
David, that was perfect!
Dis bus go Dulut? No. Dis bus go Beep Beep. Oh goll, do I need to spell that old one out?
George, my old junk may not be well received either. I don't care. People love this old stuff.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 08:13 am:

Gregory, There's a few of us Model T folks just to the south of you about an hour. There's an MTFCA club out of the St. Cloud area. The Great Northern Model T Club is listed on the MTFCA club page. Andy Loso is the contact there. One of the first tours of the season is in early June down by St. Croix Falls, WI.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Scholz on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 11:38 am:

Thanks! I'm interested in eventually meeting you at a car show or something. An hour or so is within my travel radius from home.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 08:52 am:

Actually. Gregory I'm up there from time to time on supply runs, etc. Can buzz by if time permits (also weather too). I'll let you know when I'll be in the area and fill you in what's going on in my area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 09:32 am:

Gregory, I am in the T-Totalers club. Maybe we will run across each other some day? I am about as far south in MN. that I can get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 11:03 am:

George I think I would enter my car in that parade again just to stick it to them. :-) It's a Freedom parade and you are free to drive it if you wish, isn't that what being free is all about. Bet the crowd like it anyway even if the organizers didn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Scholz on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 02:15 pm:

Kevin:
That would be great!

Dean:
I hope so! So far I plan on sticking to an hour or so radius from Duluth, but I do make excursions to the cities and so on. Hope to see you sometime!

George:
There's just something cool about a survivor car. People love them. Don't pay any heed to what idiots say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 03:19 pm:

George, there will always be people like that. I took a lot of crap from non-T people when I bought a touring car that had been cut up into a pickup and intended to keep it that way. Now that itís on the road and they see I have a cool T to drive every day while they donít, I havenít heard another peep from them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration