OT. December 21, Reminder.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT. December 21, Reminder.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 01:23 pm:

FYI. Today is the shortest day of the year. Tomorrow the days start getting longer. Merry Christmas everyone. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 01:53 pm:

The wedding anniversary of a late friend of mine in Holland was December 21st. He claimed they picked it because it was the longest night of the year. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 02:10 pm:

"As the days begin to lengthen, the cd begins to strengthen. "

It's also the full moon. A rare coincidence - gotta mean something right ?!? 8 - I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 02:17 pm:

I think it is two days off before days start getting longer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 02:47 pm:

Do you mean that today is less than 24 ours long? Wow. How did that happen?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 02:53 pm:

The days have been getting longer and the years shorter for many years at our house.
How do it happen?
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 03:09 pm:

-Richard-
It's like "Comparing life and a roll of toilet paper... They seem to roll faster toward the end."

Here's wishing all the best of your season!
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark A Strange on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 03:32 pm:

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/december-solstice.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 04:26 pm:

-Mark-
You've made the 'day' a bit brighter by including Green Bay with your referenced link. :-)

"Happy T-ing!"
Just fix it (right) and make it work....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 04:26 pm:

I donít know about the days, my remaining life is getting shorter every second.

Gotta go do something worthwhile now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Lillo on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

Sunset in Calgary today was at 4:32 with an 8:37 sunrise.In northern Alberta where I used to live the sun came up at 9:00 this morning and set at 3:47. Headlights on to and from work.
On the other end, in late June it barely gets dark there at night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 07:05 pm:

Having been born and raised on the Texas gulf coast, working for three years near Rochester, NY was shocking...mainly because of the length of the days in the winter.

Like Harry said, it was headlights on, to and from work. It's gets kinda depressing after a while. I can see how people get a little bit screwy towards the end of winter in the northern latitudes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Logansport Indiana on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 07:25 pm:

Today was also the coldest day ever in my hometown on this date which is also the day I was born. So I was born on a cold day in h..well, you know. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 07:48 pm:

Let there be light !
The worst part here is, the days may get longer, but it keeps getting colder for a couple months still...
We've been fortunate with no accumulating snow so far.
I know, bite my tongue !!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 08:59 pm:

Coldfoot Alaska - the sun won't even come up for a while now. Of course, six months from now, it won't set for a while.

So, what are we bellyachin' about?
It's just what you get used to.
Personally, I like it that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

I guess that means its the longest day where I am.
Its all down hill from here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 09:26 pm:

Marv,

Love the comment about the toilet roll!!!!

Hank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 09:29 pm:

"I donít know about the days, my remaining life is getting shorter every second. "

Fred, hate to be the one to break this to you, but that started the day you were born.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 10:01 pm:

Let the countdown begin. 89 days to spring. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 11:09 am:

Where's all that daylight that got saved when we change clocks ?!? We could use some of it about now !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 04:02 pm:

We always turn back the Bathroom Scale about the twenty-first....5-10 lbs.....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration