Clutch Hub Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Clutch Hub Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

Today’s project du jour is removal of the tranny clutch hub. Since I’ve not done this in 20 + years, I first went to Lang’s catalog to get the correct name for this part. Then to Google ‘MTFCA clutch hub’ to read what the experts suggested in the past. But while in Lang’s catalog I saw there were 2 holers and 6 holers. So that sent me to my private stash where I dug up 7 or 8 of these clutch hubs. Sure enough, some’r 2 holers and some’r 6 holers. Otherwise the dimensions were exactly alike. Anyone know when and why the change was made? And are they interchangeable or is one style better’n the other?....Merry Christmas to all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

There are differences. Replace with a like unit. So if you have a 2 hole, use the same. Just make sure which ever one you use is a press fit on the shaft. If it slides on, it's worn and can work up and down on your shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 06:35 pm:

I don’t expect to replace the clutch hub Mark. Was just asking what the differences are. The key ways and set bolt holes are the same. Did Ford go from 6 hole to 2 hole just for cost savings? Should the 2 holer only be used on New and Improved units? Just asking for speculating..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 07:45 pm:

Apparently, the 6 hole drum goes with the early brake drum that requires the "top hat" bushing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration