Mercury Speedster Exhaust Header

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Mercury Speedster Exhaust Header
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 07:08 pm:

I finished fitting the tubes and tacked together my exhaust header. I'll need a caffeine free day to start welding it together. Fitting a bend into a taper is kind of a pain, it took 2 tapers and several bends.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 07:11 pm:

Thatís nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 08:11 pm:

Well done Andy. It's nice to see a neat job rather than one which looks a mite home made. Getting the pipes to flare into one another in a natural curve takes a degree of fiddling, as you found out.

I cheated with mine I bought a couple of donuts and cut the bends out of them to suit. The hardest part was getting two pipes to siamese neatly into one. By the time I came to that hurdle, I was ready to cut corners.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Friday, December 21, 2018 - 09:15 pm:

Thanks Allan, that's the look i was after. I thought about going straight into the cone, but the curve adds a nice detail. The tubes don't look exactly parallel in the photo but they are.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 09:52 am:

Very nice job, now for the finale. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 11:51 am:

What outlet pipe size Andy ? Also, what is the size of the megaphone outlet ?

NICE !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

The primary tubes are 1.75 inch. I started with a 1.5 inch to 3.5 inch megaphone and cut it to 1.75 inch to a 3 inch outlet. I should mention that this is for a Rajo head. It'll be about a week before I get enough sugar out of my system to do any Tig welding.

Andy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration