ID what year this T is.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: ID what year this T is.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 02:11 pm:

I will start a new thread on this. This is my brothers car he just bought and he needs to get an idea of the right year. Hope you guys came come up with the right year. Here are the photos>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 02:16 pm:

I'm thinking he's going to get it just to the point its driveable and then leave her in her natural work clothes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 02:29 pm:

Looks 24-25 to me, maybe later 23...
Got an engine number ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 02:31 pm:

Is it a wooden firewall ? 23...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 02:36 pm:

I believe it has the 1925 hinges. They were shorter at the bottom if I remember right.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 02:41 pm:

The engine is a starter converted 16

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

Steel firewall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

It is a 1925. What is the engine number? Not that that make much difference as engines got swapped out. The short hinges make it that year body, the rest of the sheet metal matches to that year too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 03:53 pm:

Might be a '25, here's some details to look for, as the '25 is unique in the cowl construction. Also, the patent data plate is held on with only two rivets. There is no wood in the cowl area. the hinges are equal length, and the door latch uses less bolts than earlier ones. Front fenders have a rib that disappears under the splash apron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 04:14 pm:

Measure the radiator shell opening.

Low radiator (17-23) is about 17". High (24-27) is about 18".

Look at the hand brake quadrant.

Four rivets = 1924 & earlier; two = 25-27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 04:35 pm:

Would the frame be stamped and if so where?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 04:48 pm:

If it's late enough, possibly on the passenger side near the front floorboards.
I think I was told that started late 25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 06:00 pm:

One man top ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 06:01 pm:

It still has the top bows with it. That's a good thing. Another good thing it looks to have been stored inside or at least under a shed. T's that are found behind the barn or on the back fence line don't fare to well like this one did. Good find. It has the straight door hinges which make the body at least a 25.
The engine number may not be a 25 but the body looks like it to me.
Hopefully he got a clear title. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 06:35 pm:

Those are some well-worn brake quadrants! Note the bottom picture shows a frame still drilled for the four rivet quadrant. Normal carry-over in T production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 06:46 pm:

A RUBY IN THE ROUGH, THANKS WILL, KEEP US POSTED ON HER COME BACK. GREG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 06:50 pm:

Guys, My brother Paul asked me to thank everyone for your help. This is his first Model T. He's having pc issues but as soon as he can get on he will be posting on the forum. I wonder where he got the idea to buy a model T, Hmmmm.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Copeland on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 09:16 am:

Thanks everyone for the info I now have an idea of what year my T is

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 11:18 am:

The pictures David Dewey posted show better detail, but the car appears to be a 1925. BTW, the frame Steve posted is an early '25 frame. Note the two inner holes; they were still using up the 1924 frames.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration