1917 engine on T-bay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1917 engine on T-bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 02:57 pm:

Not mine. Looks like it has 2 4th mains, one mounted where is should be an another mounted backwards, Ok but what might be up with that extra long tail shaft? Looks 3-4" longer then it should be.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1917-Model-T-engine-with-stand-restored/132896293764?ha sh=item1ef13c8384:g:hC4AAOSw6X1cHkuG:rk:21:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 03:31 pm:

What kind of guy paints his engine pink??? WOW that is ugly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

Not exactly an original engine color, and a very complete stand that only lacks a steering wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 03:42 pm:

It is more red on my screen, but color is beside the point, it can be changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

Between the colors, and the something funky about that output end? I would have to get it REALLY cheap (if I could even afford it?). My experience has always said anybody that would do things like that? Probably wouldn't know enough (or care!) to do the work inside correctly either.

That is my opinion, based on many numerous experiences with such things, both antique, and more or less modern..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 10:54 pm:

Wayne, I'm with you. Same experiences...same conclusions...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 10:58 pm:

Devils advocate might say, perhaps it was for a speedster and thus painted a different color. As far as the output shaft goes perhaps there was some other transmission planned or???

Regardless way too much money with the lack of information given.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 12:22 am:

I wonder who rebuilt it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 01:02 am:

The price suggests this is somebody trying to get back what he sank into it. Good luck with that. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 01:10 am:

I would think that engine might have belonged to the lady running the Montana 500. What was her name again?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 01:22 am:

Interesting. It seems that all model T's or parts thereof are all "recently rebuilt". Also, they are all from "barns", even though some of these barns have fluorescent lights, water heaters, and electric garage door openers. It has been our experience that most rebuilt engines were done with a trip to the car wash power washer and a rattle can paint job. Buyer beware. If this engine is truly rebuilt, the price is right. Complete engine and transmission builds don't leave here for less than that .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Lillo on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 12:41 pm:

Dave,
There were four ladies in the Montana 500 last year.
Two in the top five finishers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 01:22 pm:

Got running 17 engine starts on mag low head could offer over it be well 50% off of this price

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 03:11 pm:

I donít think it was meant to be pink, Erik hit the nail on the head. Rattle can red in high humidity (its in North Carolina) converts to a nice crapping luster of dull...., pink!

Hank in dim-dar-hills

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 03:24 pm:

I sent the seller questions about the tail shaft and a suggestion that for that price buyers would want to know what was done. All I got was an OK thank you for the question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 04:11 pm:

Mark

and now you know what it is worth: not much

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration