Houston - Machine Shop recommendation

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Houston - Machine Shop recommendation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Ogden on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 12:01 pm:

Good Day,

Hoping to solicit some thoughts on a machine shop here in Houston...or Dallas...or SA...figure a bit of a drive wouldn't hurt.

Going to be starting on an A crank conversion, have the crank cut down and would like to have it counter weighted and ground, etc. Will need the rest of the usual services.

Does anyone have place that they like? I found Piranio's in Denton online.

Happy almost New Years.

Thanks,

Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 12:13 pm:

Doug,

Have you tried Lilleker's Antique Auto in College Station? Ross Lilleker runs a full service Model T and Model A garage. He may be able to help you or may know someone who can.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

What are you doing for pistons because Egge isn't making the custom pistons to use A rods and crank in a T block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Ogden on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

Jeff,

Probably going to get a set of rods made by Cunningham and use some flat top 350 pistons. Want a longer rod length to increase dwell time, with a tight ring pack I can get the wrist pin up higher. Haven't decided on what to do about getting quench out of this, first time using a v8 style combustion chamber, think I will spend more time worrying about how get flow around/over the intake valve than jacking up compression.

-Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Ogden on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 01:07 pm:

Bill,

I have no clue about any shops here in Texas. Moved out here from SF. Will look them up. Wonder if there is good BBQ to be found out there in deep Aggie land, better buy something maroon...

-Doug

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration