Early windshield

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Early windshield
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 02:28 pm:

Anyone know anything about a Springaction windscreen? It’s early and brass. This is a great tag. I do have the hinges too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 08:56 pm:

Here’s a sales ad about the Emil Grossman CO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 09:06 pm:

Copied from Automotive Industries Volume 20
Hydraulic Windshields.—Emil Grossman Company, of New York, is marketing a new type of windshield known as the Hydraulic or Spring action, in which a feature is the set of cylinders and pistons which prevent the folding part from slamming and breaking. On each side of the shield is placed this device, as hydraulic, filled with oil or glycerine, or with a spring, and they operate automatically and positively, according to the makers. When the shield is either up or down, all that is necessary is to start it to the other position and the
spring action does the rest. The procedure is much similar to that of door checks. The frame is made of heavy brass, with a filling-in board of mahogany or walnut. A sub-channel of copper lined with felt forms a cushion for the glass and does away with the rattle. The strip of brass across the middle of the shield at the dividing point is narrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 08:58 am:

I have one on my '10 and it works great. I replaced the original Rands with it because the Rands refused to stay straight upright and was developing stress cracks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration