Saw this by the side of the road

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Saw this by the side of the road
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl - Michigan's Thumb on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 03:52 pm:

I have NO connection with this vehicle but saw it while enroute to my daughter's for Christmas. When I turned around to look at it my wife said "Oh, No! Not another one!"

The T pictured is a 1921 - It is parked on M-15, just north of Otisville, Michigan. Last time it ran the carb was found to have a deteriorated float - definitely needs some TLC. Owner lives in Florida - the business where it is parked is helping with the sale. Asking $7200 - Email me and I'll send you the contact info I have.T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 03:56 pm:

That's pretty cool, I assume a car chassis ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 03:58 pm:

https://nmi.craigslist.org/atq/d/otisville-1921-ford-model-delivery-truck/675699 5547.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 04:15 pm:

Kind of like this one, only fancier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

Love it! Wouldn't it be fun on a tour. Someone buy it and bring it to the National Tour in Cookeville, TN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wright, Martin, Ohio on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

Oh good lord I knew I should have stayed off my computer this afternoon. That's only 2 hrs 22 minutes and 37 seconds from my house!!! Easier to ask forgiveness than permission right? At least that's what my kids always told me. I heard if left unattended they multiply. That goes for Kids and cars.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 05:54 pm:

John Wright...are we there yet ?? lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl - Michigan's Thumb on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 07:26 pm:

The guys at the Gun Barn have the title and can supply some info: 810-631-2333

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

It may be titled as a '21, but the hood shelves say it is a high radiator - 23-25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 11:20 pm:

Straight-up windshield says 1919-1922, but it could be a parts salad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 12:34 am:

My eyes might be mistaken, but it appears that in the picture Tim posted at the beginning of this thread the left rear wheel has spokes so loose that they are not in line with each other.

The body does have good proportions. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 12:50 am:

Bill - Good eye Bill! Yup! L/rear wheel is "clocked"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 01:24 am:

Whoa!! That's really clocked!I'm surprised they aren't falling out. Think I'd replace that wheel before even trailing it anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 01:40 am:

With the snow in the picture sticking to the ground.I sure hope the truck has antifreeze in it or the water has been drained.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 08:09 am:

I'd add a coupla leaves to the rear....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 08:56 am:

Wear some boots and allow some time to visit Lamrock's Scrap Yard next door to the Gun Barn!
The folks are friendly and access is easy- just say you want to "look around" at the tractors or trucks or industrial equipment out back. Prices are by the pound, depending on the current price of scrap metal, but they'll bargain a bit too.

I've pulled a few "T" engines out of the "engine pile" there over the years and rescued a couple of tractors from the torches there

There was a hacked 1930 Model A sedan sitting next to that "T" and they have been parked there since early summer.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 09:13 am:

Donít spend a penny over $6950 for it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 09:15 am:

Oh, one more thing:

If you do go exploring at Lamrock's Yard, you may get that sneaky feeling that someone is shooting at you.
Yes, they are! Behind the gun Barn they have a shooting range that is pointed toward the back of the scrap yard. So, Technically, they ARE shooting at you, but there is a sand berm behind the targets and in front of you that stops most of the small caliber stuff......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 10:49 am:

'Most'?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 11:10 am:

That body doesn't look like anything that was made in the 20's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl - Michigan's Thumb on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 10:53 pm:

The model A is gone - there is a Nash sitting there now. I didn't take too close a look at the Model T but whoever buys it will have to do some work. Here is a close-up of the suspect wheel. Broken spoke maybe?

W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 12:20 am:

Looks like the service brake band works well enough to severely "clock" this wheel on at least one pretty hard brake application! Judging by this wheel, I would suspect that the other three wheels have pretty loose spokes too, as this one apparently did!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Menkhaus on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

Wow. Funny thing is the FRONT wheel looks clocked also. Somebody do a very very bad job of respoking them ?? Front Wheel Clocked

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 05:30 pm:

Hmm,....I guess I just don't really see it Doug. That front wheel "looks" pretty good to me! However, "looks" can be deceiving! As I mentioned before, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if those front wheels might be very dry (& loose), but two things cause rear wheels to become "clocked",...one is delivering power to actually "propel" the car, as we know the rear wheels do, and also braking, which the rear wheels also do on a stock Model T. However, on a "stock" Model T, the front wheels do neither,....they aren't "driving wheels", and they do no braking either. The most common danger with dry and/or loose front wheels usually comes from radial or "sideways" force from steering (curves) or very rough roads, rocks, chuck holes, etc.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration