Short video - Trip to the Glow Worm Tunnel, Garden of Stones National Park

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Short video - Trip to the Glow Worm Tunnel, Garden of Stones National Park
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 08:26 pm:

Here is a short video of driving to the Glow Worm Tunnel west of Sydney. It's a nice bumpy road, perfect for Model Ts.

https://youtu.be/7dP6GWGT3BY

https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/visit-a-park/parks/gardens-of-stone-national-park

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

Very Nice.
Thanks for that.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

Thats awesome Andrew, looks like you had fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 11:19 pm:

i did not see any glow worms in that tunnel. Hey, I did not even see the inside of the tunnel. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas Landers NE Indiana on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 07:34 am:

Seems funny to see the left hand door open. Looks like good driving weather and alot of fun. Thanks for sharing that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 11:03 am:

Can someone put the "old" touch to this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 12:26 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 11:13 pm:

I gotta bump this Andrew! Yes, I realize it's Wednesday already. I grabbed my phone and watched that very short video and want to see more!
Great sounds! I'll look at it again right now! Ahhh. Placated for a bit. :-)
Thanks! I needed that!
Mark, that pic is outstanding! In color or non, what a great photo! Beautiful automobiles. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 07:57 am:

Dave,

I've watched the video twice now. I didn't see any glow worms either. Thought I might have missed them the first time. Very disappointed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 08:46 am:

I like seeing cars like that--obviously driven and enjoyed. None of this "Don't touch" foolishness. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 09:28 am:

Hey now...my otherwise "don't touch" looking '13 for example gets driven a good 2,000 miles and more a year! I just strive to keep 'em nice is all. Not foolishness, just a love affair. And I like the "driven hard" cars just as much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 07:09 pm:

The tunnel shown in the video is not the tunnel where the glow worms are; that's some distance away and not accessible by car. Given the heat of the day and it was a 2km walk, we didn't get that far.
It was a great day driving the cars in the conditions they were made for, and they handled the constant corrugations and potholes in the hot and dusty conditions extremely well.
There was a certain irony watching people cautiously driving their modern vehicles (many of which were 4WD) along the dirt and bumps as we went full throttle in the Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, January 04, 2019 - 09:16 pm:

Thanks Mark, Now it looks like an original photo from an early time.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, January 04, 2019 - 09:18 pm:

Thanks Mark, Now it looks like an old photo. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, January 04, 2019 - 09:19 pm:

Wonder why it took so long to load, so I started over.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration