Question about Winfield S carb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Question about Winfield S carb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 10:16 am:

A few questions. How available is the S Winfield carb? What set up works best with this carb? What is the usual price for buying one if you can find one? Thanks, Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 10:37 am:

Mike, give me a call.

Hank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 12:00 pm:

I run a SRBD on my Racer - a little tempermental & up here in the Pacific Northwest, it doesn't care for all the moist air - throat tube is a preheater coming off the header.

They are not cheap !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 07:01 pm:

NICE Steve!

Hank in Tin-A-See

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 07:12 pm:

They sell for about 8 or 9 hundred for a nice working carb. Especially a downdraft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 11:21 pm:

My understanding is all you have to do is take the bowl off and reverse it, for up or down draft. If that is the case, then charging more for one or the other is a rip off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore, on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 11:47 pm:

Mark, please read the section regarding float bowls in the following link; https://www.nwvs.org/Technical/2104WinfieldHV.pdf

It is not that simple.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 31, 2018 - 01:18 am:

Thank you Tim. I see, the body is reversible but needs the correct bowl for each use. Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration