Curiosity

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Curiosity
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl - Michigan's Thumb on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 08:21 pm:

Looking at the lower water outlet casting I was surprised to see the word "Ford" appear twice, in two different sized scripts. Any idea why Ford would have done this?
Ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 08:29 pm:

Tim to make perfectly clear that its not a Chevy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 08:47 pm:

Chebby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 09:58 pm:

The Ford script looks authentic, but I've never seen a brass one. (and that doesn't mean much - I haven't seen a lot)

Second time today - that's the inlet casting. Cool water from the bottom of the radiator enters the block on the left side at center; hot water exits the head, entering the radiator top tank through the outlet connection.

Thanks for sharing that, Tim !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 10:47 pm:

There would not be a Ford script on the outlet of a 1917 Ford.

I would say it's a replacement.

If it is brass or bronze, then it is most likely a reproduction.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration