Research tool for Fords registered in Florida, 1905-1917

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Research tool for Fords registered in Florida, 1905-1917
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, January 04, 2019 - 05:42 pm:

Not sure if I posted this before, but for anyone researching a car that may have been registered in Florida between 1905 and 1917, this site is easy to use with good information:

https://www.floridamemory.com/solr-search/results/?q=%28Ford+touring+OR+tt%3AFord+touring%5E10%29+AND+collection%3A%22Early+Auto+Registrations%2C+1905-1917%22&searchbox=&gallery=&compact=0&query=Ford+touring&pc=&cid=&county=&sort=40_s+asc&submit=Go

This is the first T I found, but haven't searched that thoroughly. T 1049 at the bottom of the page:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Friday, January 04, 2019 - 08:07 pm:

what a great site, to bad every state doesn't have this! thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, January 04, 2019 - 09:46 pm:

The HT Cummings page has Oct 10, 1908 Model T #48.
Also a Model K down the page.

Lots of reading here...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Friday, January 04, 2019 - 10:30 pm:

One of the members of our local antique car club here in New Brunswick, Canada did considerable research back in the early 1980's and documented the make, serial # license # and owner of every vehicle registered in New Brunswick from 1905 to 1914 inclusive. Unfortunately serial numbers were not available for part of 1914. The book is called Early Motoring in New Brunswick by Lucide Rioux and contains a lot of interesting detail. Copies of the book are hard to find but if anyone thinks any of the info would be useful to them, I would be glad to provide info from my copy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 10:19 am:

Rob

Thanks for posting that again. Fun to see the names of the owners of 'new' 1909 T's there!

Wish the listings, which have the state registration number, car i.d. and owner, would run past the last registration dates, the highest registration numbers seem to be about 50,000.

Don't have FL registration disc plates that early, do have several in the 100,000+ range which is likely about 1920's or so.

Don't know much about these alum. FL registration discs. They have no date and you need to use the # to know.

Do know that at some date, you had to mount these discs on your vehicles' dash.

Other states used these methods too, in GA most of the disc have the year date on them, makes it easy to identify.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration