New ignition switch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: New ignition switch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS SHEPPARD on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 03:52 pm:

Are the new ignition switches any good? I need a rectangular one for a 19.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 06:45 pm:

Chris, I've used two new ones. They're junk. Get a nice origional one. Usually they just need the contacts cleaned with a piece of sandpaper.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS SHEPPARD on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 08:08 pm:

Thanks, thought someone might have a good old one reasonable
Christ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 04:03 am:

Chris, I believe the switch lever on the earlier panel is a diecasting rather than the pressed steel ones in the later panels. I have a nice one in my swap meet stock if you can't find one locally.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 09:39 am:

Most Model T hobbyists know that the new switches are of very poor quality and sometimes donít even last a month before they start having electrical issues. With that being known, a decent original is generally more valuable than the new reproduction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 09:55 am:

Chris, do you not have a switch, or do you have one that needs fixing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 10:34 am:

Those switches are on ebay all the time. Just make sure you get one with a good tumbler in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS SHEPPARD on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 12:48 pm:

Steve I don't have a switch, the ones I saw on ebay don't look the best. I know you can't tell by just looking and i'm not worried if the ampmeter is missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 01:06 pm:

Chris I have several of these switches with keys. Have both cast lever or stamped lever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS SHEPPARD on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 01:58 pm:

Jim I assume the cast and stamped lever fit different years, my t is a 1919. what are you asking for one ? My email is SHEPPFOUR@COX.NET
Thank you Chris

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration