2018 Forum - no new threads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 2018 Forum - no new threads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 03:36 pm:

You are no longer able to posts threads on the 2018 Forum.

You will have to register here
http://www.modeltfordclubofamerica.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=login

You will still be able to post to existing threads but that too will come to an end shortly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 06:02 pm:

Well, that sucks.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 06:37 pm:

Come on over to the new site Willis. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 10:37 pm:

All good things must come to an end....I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 10:48 pm:

Come on over. Don't be an old stick-in-the-mud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 12:26 am:

As the new forum is a suspicious site I guess this is the end from me. I look at this forum at least 10 times a day, don't know what I'll do from here on in.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie Rathbone on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 01:52 am:

From bad to worse...

I see you are setup on the new forum, I guess it's not that bad???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 04:42 am:

Peter, it doesn't appear to be that suspicious... (one time I tutu'd with the browser settings enough that it thought the security cert's were from the distant future lol)
Check it out a few times. You might grow to tolerate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 06:39 am:

I would if I could Kep, my approved username will not work at this stage, I've emailed Chris will see what happens. But the site configuration is suspicious to the firewalls at work, which is where I look at it the most:-(

Peter Martin had a period at the end which I have now removed. Chris

Email was in my junk folder with about a dozen others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 07:28 am:

Another strange thing is a non member canít even view the threads or posts without joining. How is that going to help people that might be interested in Model Ts?

I have decided to buy all the repair dvdís. One thing about being old is to resist change. Definitely not a good characteristic at times.

All the best,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Palmisano on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 09:16 am:

I am able to view the forum without being logged in by going to www.mtfca.com, then click the Forum button, then click Forum 2019. Using www.modeltfordclubofamerica.com I can not get to the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 10:10 am:

Willis, get some kid to teach you. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 01:26 pm:

I have been watching this for several days and will be taking a semi permanent if not permanent break from the forum. We had the best, easiest to use forum ever devised and now it is almost unusable especially to those of us that donít adapt easily to drastic changes. If it ainít broke...

Why is it so hard to update the speed and capacity of the forum while keeping the same format that we are all used to. I never needed to see how many and what members had viewed a thread or were currently on the forum, nor did I need for the forum to remind me of what threads I read.

This sucks big time. Good luck fellers.

Jim Patrick

Jim I see you are in the new forum, that didn't take long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 03:49 pm:

Thanks Chris, I'll see if it works when I get home, still can't see it at work.

Peter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bowie on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 04:08 pm:

I can get to it on my phone..so it's probably a good thing I'm not able to from a work computer anymore...or at least until they get the browser security issues straightened out. I hope more of you long timers make the move..us new guys need your experience and knowledge if we are going to keep these T's alive.

-William

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 07:13 pm:

Back in 2006 I wrote the computer code for my website.

I typed it out with my right index finger.

It took a month to do.

But - it was a necessary evil.

The interweb serves to connect folks at a distance.

The rest is up to the people.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L. Myers, Greenville on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 08:02 pm:

I'll bet that ages ago some people complained that messages written on papyrus or parchment weren't as nice as those carved in stone tablets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 09:17 pm:

I was finally able to see what the new forum looks like and after quite a bit of navigating through it, I prefer the old format much better! But, that is just me. Think I too will take a break from it as well. Perhaps, over time I may return.....
I will definitely be working in the garage and driving around town at 20 mph though!

Cheers,
Willis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration