A Buick for Rich Eagle

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Rich Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 runabout

A Buick for Rich Eagle

Post by Rich Bingham » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:21 am

And a little puzzle ? The photo was captioned "Idaho Falls". Perhaps the dealer name is a clue. If any of these buildungs survived into the 1950s I don't recognize them. What model is it ?
Attachments
B726ADFB-252A-472D-A231-B775D67B6F08.jpeg
"Get a horse !"

Rich Eagle
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Eagle
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 TR 1914 TR 1915 Rd 1920 Spdstr 1922 Coupe 1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1219

Re: A Buick for Rich Eagle

Post by Rich Eagle » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Thanks for thinking of me Rich. That car is similar to this 1908 Model F. They were much the same from 1908 to 1910. It is a two cylinder similar to my 1907 G. F was the touring and G was the Roadster but the engine and chassis were basically the same from 1905. '08 had a new radiator and cowl as well as updated body and fenders. Windshields were an addition. I photographed this on a HCCA K.I.S.S. tour years ago.
08BuickF.jpg
Your photo appears (as well as many other places) in the 1970s book "Eagle Rock U.S.A." compiled by Joe Marker. You may remember him. The caption includes "A Group of Idaho Falls women all dolled up taking a ride.....standing by.....male resident apparently on hand to get the automobile started".
The location is on Broadway with the American National Bank on the corner of Broadway and Shoup.
To the left of the bank is Alma Marker's Store. (stationery etc.) Certainly related to Joe. I suspect his grandfather but I don't find that in print.
When did I do that?

Topic author
Rich Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 runabout

Re: A Buick for Rich Eagle

Post by Rich Bingham » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Great pic from the HCCA tour. Joe Marker was a classmate of my dad's (IFHS class of '38). He lived a couple of blocks west of us on 18th. Wish I'd spent more time with him. He was a fine historian and fascinating to listen to. I think Alma was his father, but I could be wrong.
"Get a horse !"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic