A new day has arrived

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
ModelT46
First Name: Darel
Last Name: Leipold
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1910 touring
MTFCA Number: 823
MTFCI Number: 953
Board Member Since: 1999

A new day has arrived

Post by ModelT46 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:48 pm

It is as if a heavy weight has been lifted-from the shoulders of America,
it is as if the Sun shines again after a long period of darkness,

It is as if a warm rain falls after a long drought,

it is as if a warm breeze blows by after a cold wind goes away,

now America can awake after a long sleep to a new day and a better future.

Darel 2020

Dallas Landers
First Name: Dallas
Last Name: Landers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 26 Rpu, 23 TT, 24 coupe,
MTFCA Number: 49995

Re: A new day has arrived

Post by Dallas Landers » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:21 pm

A long dark winter is coming the likes we have never seen. Pulling over the wool will not help. Lets enjoy our T's while we still can.

Tim Rogers
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Rogers
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Coupe & 1923 Runabout
Board Member Since: 2013

Post by Tim Rogers » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:55 pm

C'mon man!
<o><o><o><o> Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks - Forum member since 2013 <o><o><o><o>

Burger in Spokane
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Burger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 TT closed cab flatbed
Board Member Since: 2014

Post by Burger in Spokane » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:03 pm

Darel, You remember Stalin, right ? Old "Uncle Joe" ? Yeah ..... this is going
to be a real party. 🎉

:lol: :lol: :lol:
More people are doing it today than ever before !

Topic author
ModelT46
First Name: Darel
Last Name: Leipold
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1910 touring
MTFCA Number: 823
MTFCI Number: 953
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by ModelT46 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:29 am

It is time to move ahead. Our country
Needs a steady hand.
We must remember,
This is our country,This is our land.

Rich Eagle
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Eagle
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1909 TR 1914 TR 1915 Rd 1920 Spdstr 1922 Coupe 1925 Tudor
MTFCA Number: 1219

Post by Rich Eagle » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:38 pm

I am sure whoever is in charge will do their best as they always have. You know they invariably have our best interests at heart.
When did I do that?

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:16 am

I like you all but sometimes we differ greatly.
I heartily side with DL and BB.
I'm scared to death about the extremists.
IF this election heads the foolish way. Some of their own fellows are basically agast.
Ecclesiastes 10-2.
My machines, including my T's could go to the open hearth furnace.
Home and hearth, work, family, taxes and love for this country.
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

John Warren
First Name: John
Last Name: Warren
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 14 Roadster, 25 Pickup , 26 Canadian Touring , and a 24-28 TA race car

Post by John Warren » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:18 pm

We all want what's best for our country. We are all in fear that we could loose our freedom. It is amazing how effective the media has pitted people against each other. SO SAD!!! Most of us think that the news may be just an opinion. Seems to me that it is ok for one party to say and do one thing and the minute the other party agrees then holly shit!!! Like I said, It is amazing how effectively the media has pitted people against each other. I worry about my right's getting taken away. Right now we can't even be in our own home and not not wear a mask, or at least that is how some governors are ruling. Many people think there is no way we can loose our right to bare arms, They laugh and say things like I am still waiting for Obama to take my guns. Well It was his intent. The NRA is one organization that is fighting for us to keep the 2nd amendment. The right to bare arms shall not be infringed!! Anytime we have to register or pay tax on our guns, our right is being infringed. The 2nd amendment was NOT put in place so we could hunt. It was put there to protect our self's from the non law abiding government. Amazing how that gets turned around. Has anyone checked out the new proposed policy about gun ownership? Registration and tax, guns will be so regulated and taxed, we will give them up because if we don't do and pay properly, we become a criminal, then they will confiscate our guns and then we will go to jail. If we keep our head in the sand our rights will disappear. This coronavirus is real but NOT what they want you to believe. Yes, for now, I'll wear a mask while shopping (mostly because I can't get in the store), and I think you should wash your hands and stay home when you are sick. Because of our Dictator governor, at breakfast yesterday the waitress wanted us to re-mask between sips of coffee or between bites of food. I KNOW THE RISKS AND SO DID ALL THE PEOPLE THAT WERE THERE!!!! If I were so worried, I wouldn't have went there!! If you are so worried then stay home. I am getting older and time is going by, so I am not wanting to spend my time, at home, in fear, masked, like a good little boy . People get sick and die from many things.This is 99.985 % survivable ! Millions die from starvation and the veterans are committing suicide by the millions EACH year. It much more survivable than being a veteran, or being in the womb. Lets kill the whole world over this. WTF

Ok I feel better now.
24-28 TA race car, 26 Canadian touring, 25 Roadster pickup, 14 Roadster, and 11AB Maxwell runabout
Keep it simple and keep a good junk pile if you want to invent something :P

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Post by perry kete » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:23 pm

wings same bird.jpg
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:19 pm

We can remember the past, and we can experience today, however, for centuries people who make predictions for the future have been wrong. No one knows what will happen until it happens.
We can all do our best today and when we have an opportunity to serve in some way, whether it be military, or medical, or consumer goods, or retail, or the trades or political position,or education, we must all do the best we can. If we all do our best, things in the future will be better, however, if we don't do our best, we could experience worse things than we face today. Remember, the people who bought the Model T's when they were new, experienced the Spanish Flu, the Great depression and two world wars, and we survived. Look at the positive and look for the best and then do our best.
Norm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic