Excitement And Let Down

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
tbaghdadi
First Name: Tarik
Last Name: Baghdadi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 Fordor Sedan
Board Member Since: 2018

Excitement And Let Down

Post by tbaghdadi » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:38 pm

My kid brought in the mail today. He did not tell me about the three packages that came. I saw them on my way out to walk the dogs. I got excited because I was waiting on Model T stuff I ordered. Upon closer inspection the packages were addressed to my wife. Oh the pain is unbearable waiting for T stuff to arrive.

Burger in Spokane
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Burger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 TT closed cab flatbed
Board Member Since: 2014

Re: Excitement And Let Down

Post by Burger in Spokane » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:06 am

I had a friend (now passed) that would spend thousands on catalogue
/internet auction items. A box would arrive, and he might take a week
to get around to opening it ! If there were multiple items in it, he might
take two or three weeks to take the items from the box, saying that he
enjoyed the suspense of dragging out the experience.
More people are doing it today than ever before !

speedytinc
First Name: john
Last Name: karvaly
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 14/15 wide track roadster. 23 touring, 27 roadster pickup, 20ish rajo touring
MTFCA Number: 14383
Board Member Since: 2020

Post by speedytinc » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:24 am

Its like Christmas, at least once a week. Some times Ill have a variety of pieces/parts/tools arrive, not remembering what I got till I open the "surprise present"
"oh yea, that watzit!"

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:04 am

"Oh the pain is unbearable waiting for T stuff to arrive."
Ain't it tho Tarik! I was deep into the rear axle on the 18 and waited for more parts. They finally came.
I wait on OT Heli-Coil tooling from daughter's amazon account. I grumbled to myself. Two lost days as I didn't send her the request the correct way. For her. UGH.
Then I realized the things I needed to do to be ready to finish that project. Oops. Got busy.
Oh, the struggle in waiting. :)
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Mark Nunn
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Nunn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Runabout
MTFCA Number: 50321
Board Member Since: 2017

Post by Mark Nunn » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:01 pm

I just got a call that my front inner wheel bearing is in the mail! Now I can get the car on the road again. Well, I need to wait for it to arrive first. I guess I got ahead of myself.

OilyBill
First Name: William
Last Name: May
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1914 Runabout

Post by OilyBill » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:38 pm

I remember a story i heard years ago, about an auction that was held in the late 1950's or early 1960's.
A wealthy man had been flying his Staggerwing Beech, and managed to pull the wings off it in flight, and of course, died in the accident. This was in the 1930's.
His wife had the wreckage brought home and stored after the funeral. After the funeral, she also refused to acknowledge that her husband had died, insisting to everyone that he would be back in a few days.
She continued this for the rest of her life, until she passed away in 1959 or 1960.
They held an auction and everything on the estate was sold. The airplane wreckage, all of his cars, which had not been touched or driven in years, etc. Also some speedboats, if I remember correctly.
In any case, one of the most fabulous things at the auction were all the parts the guy had ordered, from Rolls-Royce, Duesenberg, and Bugatti, all still in their unopened boxes, with the receipts and paperwork enclosed, along with the letters and correspondence from the factories. He had stuff he had ordered but never opened, and more stuff arrived after he died, and his wife just placed the boxes on shelves "until he gets home and can deal with them".
I know how much I love opening parts boxes when they arrive with new parts for my cars. I can hardly imagine what it was like to open original Bugatti parts boxes and read the correspondence, and see the packing paperwork that was direct from factories that had closed 50 years before anyone ever opened the tape on the boxes. The people who packed the parts, and made the notes on the paperwork were probably dead by then, and the factories, such as Bugatti, were long gone.

NHUSA
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Dimock
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 T with Mifflinburg Suburban body

Post by NHUSA » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:03 am

We recently moved from NH to Raleigh NC and have been ordering stuff from Amazon.
Yesterday the Amazon driver knocked on our door a wondered if we were OK because he hadn’t deliver a package to us in a few days,

It is nice to be cared for!
NH - Where I used to live - not the carburetor ! :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic