Big brother is watching.

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Sarikatime
First Name: Frank
Last Name: Seress
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 Towncar, 1915 Touring
MTFCA Number: 27707

Big brother is watching.

Post by Sarikatime » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:56 am

A month ago my I pad asked if I wanted to upgrade the program during the night. The program stopped in the night and in the morning I had a black screen and the I pad was locked up. After several trips to computer crevice centers I was told to contac the apple factory which I did and was told to take it to Best Buy. They returned all the functions with the upgrade for free but now on Facebook I have all the information of Model T people I spoke to or had anything to deal with within the last year that have a Facebook account. I spoke to people all over the country and if they didn’t have a lock as to whom can access their personal information and pictures, and their friends, they are open to the world to see everything.
It was a pleasure to put a face to the names, but, that is not the point. Why did I get the gift of being able to spy on all of these people, and who else also has access to this private information.
Check your Facebook account and redo your setup to only include access to your friends and not all the scammers that are also looking at your information and who you are friends with, and all of their information through your Facebook page.
We get enough scams without this additional information out there, please protect yourself.
Frank

TXGOAT2
First Name: Pat
Last Name: McNallen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926-7 roadster
MTFCA Number: 51486
Board Member Since: 2021

Re: Big brother is watching.

Post by TXGOAT2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:52 pm

I would not log on to Fecebook if you paid me $1,000.00 to do so. Yes, Big Brother is watching, and so is every septic creep on the planet. It's not just Facebook, either.

Scott_Conger
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Conger
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13, '15, '19, '23
Board Member Since: 2005

Post by Scott_Conger » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:57 pm

What is Facebook and why do I want it?
Scott Conger

Tyranny under the guise of law is still Tyranny

NH Full Flow Float Valves
Obsolete carburetor parts manufactured

Rich Bingham
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Bingham
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1913 runabout

Post by Rich Bingham » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:16 pm

You don't. :lol:
"Get a horse !"

TRDxB2
Last Name: Brandi
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: Speedster (1919 w 1926)
Board Member Since: 2018

Post by TRDxB2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:34 pm

Sarikatime wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:56 am
A month ago my I pad asked if I wanted to upgrade the program during the night. The program stopped in the night and in the morning I had a black screen and the I pad was locked up. .........
We get enough scams without this additional information out there, please protect yourself.
Frank
There are many BIG BROTHERS - Amazon is the biggest - they fooled small businesses into using their site to sell goods,. Then they used that data to know what people buy and stocked those products by geographic area. They know more about you then you do.
Not sure if you noticed but some applications let you logon with conditionals (userid/password) from other sites like Google, Facebook, Twitter etc :shock:

What did you expect? Suggest you check your phone /tablet apps to see what privileges you agreed to let them have access to (contacts, pictures etc, etc)NOW here this
If you have a smart phone - Go to settings and in the search field enter COVID. For Apple phones they added a Covid Tracker on your phone without you knowing - (you agree to these types of updates :o ) That app is supposed to alert you if you were exposed to someone with COVID. Also on a smart phone you should turn off access to personal data and location.
The biggest calamity is when you agree to upload your data to the "CLOUD" or sync your devices. The "CLOUD" is a database of multiple users data. Now that you have done that you have saved then the time and effort to organize your data, you did that for them. I have 50 years IT experience and 30 in data management. And yes I did that too!
Another case - My Son's Family gave us a Google Home Hub for Christmas last year. In order to use it you need to down load an app on your phone. I could add cameras, locking devices, thermostats, speakers etc etc, all controlled by my phone. This is what that app would have had access to if I agreed. Selling the Hub
Attachments
Apple Phone app.png
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

TXGOAT2

Post by TXGOAT2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:54 pm

Septic creeps, pushing toxic rubbish ... To hell with 'em!

Steve Jelf
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Jelf
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1923 touring and a few projects
MTFCA Number: 16175
MTFCI Number: 14758
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by Steve Jelf » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:57 pm

The spreading of personal information is vastly more sophisticated now, and in new media, but remember phone books? You had to pay extra not to have your number and address published. Directory assistance was free for years (Free= hidden in your phone bill.) Then they started charging a separate fee when you used it. Now you have to pay a "free" website to find somebody's number. If you read newspapers from a hundred years ago it's not unusual to see people's addresses included in stories about them.They also included the person's race (if they weren't white). Before there were phone books and yellow pages, there were city directories listing the addresses of individuals and businesses. Often they included a C after some names to indicate that the person was "colored".

I don't recall people being as bothered by all that that as we are today, probably because today's info gathering is more pervasive and new pernicious uses of it have been invented. See Minority Report. It's not surprising that we're more paranoid than our grandparents.
The inevitable often happens.
1915 Runabout
1923 Touring

TXGOAT2

Post by TXGOAT2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:13 pm

We used to live in a (mostly) civil society. Shysters often landed in jail. Now they run for public office, and more often than not, they are elected, and relected, again and again. Many of these "leaders" seem to have boundless sympathy for every sort of criminal, including repeat violent offenders, but none for productive, law-abiding citizens.

Mark Gregush
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Gregush
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 cutdown PU, 1920 Dodge touring, 1948 F2 Ford flat head 6 pickup 3 speed
MTFCA Number: 52564
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by Mark Gregush » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:27 pm

"We used to live in a (mostly) civil society. Shysters often landed in jail. Now they run for public office, and more often than not, they are elected, and relected, again and again." This is something new!
I know the voices aren't real but damn they have some good ideas! :shock:

1925 Cut down pickup
1920 Dodge touring
1948 Ford F2 pickup

TRDxB2

Post by TRDxB2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:06 pm

Mark Gregush wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:27 pm
"We used to live in a (mostly) civil society. Shysters often landed in jail. Now they run for public office, and more often than not, they are elected, and relected, again and again." This is something new!
Of Illinois' last seven governors, four have ended up going to prison. We're about due for another. :roll:
They are:
Rod Blagojevich — Governor from 2002 through 2009, when he became the first Illinois governor in history to be impeached. Convicted of numerous corruption charges in 2011, including allegations that he tried to sell or trade President Barack Obama's old Senate seat.
--
George Ryan — Governor from 1999 through 2003. After leaving office, was convicted of racketeering for actions as governor and secretary of state. In November 2007, began serving a 6 1/2 year sentence in federal prison.
--
Dan Walker — Governor from 1973-1977. Pleaded guilty to bank fraud and other charges in 1987 related to his business activities after leaving office. Spent about a year and a half in federal prison.
--
Otto Kerner — Governor from 1961-1968. Resigned to become judge, then was convicted of bribery related to his tenure as governor. Sentenced to three years in prison.
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.
Mick Jagger

TXGOAT2

Post by TXGOAT2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:09 pm

Do NOT run for governor of Illinois if you are a racketeer! Seek an office in Cook County or Chicago city government, then jump to Washington.

TWrenn
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Wrenn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '13 Touring, '26 "Overlap" Fordor
MTFCA Number: 30701
MTFCI Number: 24033
Board Member Since: 2019

Post by TWrenn » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:12 pm

Didn't read past the first post but thats exactly why I don't do facebook...er...now its called Meta.

John Codman
First Name: John
Last Name: Codman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1927 Youring

Post by John Codman » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:44 pm

TXGOAT2 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:52 pm
I would not log on to Fecebook if you paid me $1,000.00 to do so. Yes, Big Brother is watching, and so is every septic creep on the planet. It's not just Facebook, either.
Neither would I.

TRDxB2

Post by TRDxB2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:41 pm

TWrenn wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:12 pm
Didn't read past the first post but thats exactly why I don't do facebook...er...now its called Meta.
The term "meta" in Information Technology refers to "meta data" meaning data about data. In other words all the data (information) collected about your ID, plus statistics, profiling etc, etc . You may not have realized this but your "ID" behind the scenes & screens that ties everything you do isn't your Google or Facebook Userid/app ID but your phone number. You (your family) include it on about everything thing you do and it is the common thread. Reason we may change our address but go out of our way to save our phone number trough various carries.
Mick Jagger

clayton swanson
First Name: clayton
Last Name: swanson
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 14,19,23,26,27

Post by clayton swanson » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:26 pm

There is a guy I watch on youtube stuff, Rob Braxman, "the privacy guy" he calls himself. He says that most of the apps on your smart phone are connected to facebook. Zuckerburg has a deal with Mcdonalds, ETC. to share what goes on with your phone app usage, so he says facebook knows more about you than anybody, US government included. And, they never delete anything. It used to be just a marketing tool, but now they really want to track your whole life for computer models. I never have been on any social media stuff except a few car platforms, and will not ever have a "smart " phone.

20touring
First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Mocyk
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1920 Touring

Post by 20touring » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:29 am

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, YouTube, etc are all private companies and don’t care about your rights or your privacy! All they care about is money and power. The information you provide them with when logging in gives them both.
They all are allied and embedded with the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) and they care nothing about your free speech. They have been and are demonetizing and banning conservatives on their platforms. Including a then sitting president Donald Trump!
For further information on this go to frankspeech.com this platform of free speech came into existence because of the nefarious activities of the mainstream media and social media sites. It was founded by the My Pillow guy Mike Lindell.
You don’t need to register or give your personal information. You will get real news and facts that are banned elsewhere.
Here is but one example of the work being done there to save our country:

https://cdn.michaeljlindell.com/downloa ... -11-23.pdf

It’s not a social media site, but a truth in media and factual investigative journalism and constitutional activism platform with podcasters presenting real news.
Last edited by 20touring on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

John kuehn
First Name: John
Last Name: Kuehn
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 19 Roadster, 21 Touring, 24 Coupe
MTFCA Number: 28924

Post by John kuehn » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:41 am

We got to this point because people don’t really dig into the background of the people that get elected to office! Either they don’t care or they believe just like the folks we now have in the White House! And that’s the worst thing.
Remember these folks were elected by folks that believe the same way they do.
The blind are leading the blind who are blind to begin with. And by the way the guy is senile!

20touring

Post by 20touring » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:01 am

Well said!
On frankspeech.com you can see 100% proof the election was stolen. How many people know what a packet capture is? I didn’t, but I learned our election was hacked and votes flipped on election night. Much to the dismay of those countries involved the entire internet traffic was recorded in real time. Our votes were stolen from us! Regardless of what political side you are on, this should matter to all of us-we are all Americans and the vote is our say in how we are governed.
But I don’t want to spoil it, go to frankspeech.com to learn more. In my opinion, unless the 2020 election fraud is addressed, we are 1 or 2 election cycles away from losing our country.
Precinct level paper balloting and counting with signature id is the only way to secure an honest election going forward.

DHort
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Hjortnaes
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 24 Speedster, 20 touring
MTFCA Number: 28762
MTFCI Number: 22402

Post by DHort » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:08 pm

Those of you who refuse to use FB are missing out on a lot of Model T information and groups. You can sign up for FB and put in a fake address, fake phone number, fake DOB , etc. If you want to add a picture all you do is click on the picture. If I remember your name and nothing else about you I can contact you. I dont need your email or your phone number. Even Steve Jelf is on FB and he's older than I am.

TXGOAT2

Post by TXGOAT2 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:24 pm

I suppose I miss a lot by doing without Ipads, Alexa,
MetaSnoop, and so forth. Too bad. I have as much respect for those operations as they have for me, which is NONE.

20touring

Post by 20touring » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Personally, knowing what FB and others have done to free speech in this country and their participation in election fraud I could never justify using their platforms. They literally are denying you your first amendment rights as well as banning the truth about the election theft from their platforms. They are as un-American as it gets!

ironhorse
First Name: G.R.
Last Name: Cheshire
MTFCA Number: 29759

Post by ironhorse » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:44 am

I belong to this site and two others. I do not do facebook,twitter,amazon or anywhere they want to know my real phone number. the passphrase that protects my electronic devices is 22 characters long and is handled by bitwarden! do I distrust Big Brother? YEP! remember I used to work for AOL before they outsourced my job to India and let me reclaim my brain from cold storage. :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted:
Do it right or do it over,your choice. Drive like everyone is out to get you!

PDGx
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Grohsmeyer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: ‘17 TT Holmes Wrecker
MTFCA Number: 27359
Board Member Since: 2007

Post by PDGx » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:55 am

[/quote]
Of Illinois' last seven governors, four have ended up going to prison. We're about due for another. :roll:

Illinois - a great state to be From. Get out while you still can.

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:08 am

One problem with "Big Brother" is using people's names and ruining them. My name is Norman and it was ruined by the movie Psycho. My granddaughter's name is Alexia. Well now if she is near one of those machines, and someone calls her name the machine takes over. Now Karen's name is being ruined When will it all stop? :roll:
Norm

ironhorse

Post by ironhorse » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:09 pm

Well, Norman, I never think of psycho when I hear the name Norman I always think of Rockwell! Buck up Brother :D

NHUSA
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Dimock
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 T with Mifflinburg Suburban body

Post by NHUSA » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:59 am

I did a few searches for a deck table and chairs… now I get numerous emails each day offering me special deals on deck sets.
Same thing happened when we were looking for a family room area rug.
NH - Where I used to live - not the carburetor ! :lol:

TXGOAT2

Post by TXGOAT2 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:17 am

YOU MUST ACT RIGHT NOW BEFORE THESE INCREDIBLE LUXURY LAWN FURNITURE SUPERDEALS GO AWAY!!! HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD ANDS IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION READY WHEN YOU CALL !! AVOID COVID COMPLICATIONS! CALL NOW!! OUR SPECIAL OPERATORS ARE ON DUTY RIGHT NOW TO TAKE YOUR INFORMATION AND GET THE FREE STUFF YOU'VE ALWAYS KNOWN YOU DESERVED ON ITS WAY TO YOU NOW!! (Ignore the heavy Bulgarian accent. Our operators are properly trained to assure you get the speedy LUXURY LAWN fulfillment you know you deserve! ACT NOW!)

NHUSA
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Dimock
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 T with Mifflinburg Suburban body

Post by NHUSA » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:36 pm

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
NH - Where I used to live - not the carburetor ! :lol:

ironhorse

Post by ironhorse » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:50 pm

how to get back at a telemarketer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIVfrBFc5og

babychadwick
First Name: Chad
Last Name: Azevedo
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Boattail speedster, 1912 Tourabout project, 1927 Speedster (build)
Board Member Since: 1999

Post by babychadwick » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:56 am

Working with a friend out in his shop listening to music thru his phone we ran a test and talked about snow skiing (just talked) within 20 min the ads were for ski resorts.

5 years ago they had private software where you could take someones picture and thru facial recognition identify that persons social media and compile enough data to predict with an 80% chance of success where that person would be in 2 weeks at what time based on the data had been collected.

Your phone collects a ton of data about its surroundings whether or not you have services on or off. In fact it collects this information whether you have it on or off. In fact it even collects this data whether or not you have service. You can't turn this service off, the best you can do is limit the transfer. When you have service that monitors data transmitted it won't transmit until there is no charge. I.e. when you connect to wifi.
"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail"

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:07 am

There must be some type of container in which you could carry the phone which is shielded from the signals so that it would neither transmit nor receive unless you took it out when you want to use it. Newer cars also have means of tracking their location. I know that on my computer (I don't use cell phones) I get a report every month which tells me how all the systems in the car are doing, and whether I need something serviced. So I'm sure they can track the location of the car as well.
Norm

Bryant
First Name: bryant
Last Name: shafer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 tudor
MTFCA Number: 51736

Post by Bryant » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:49 am

Watch out for smart TVs. They have cameras watching you watch them 👀. If they collect data on half of us maybe we will get adds for Model T parts? Hey they will see there is a good Market for US made antique tires!
“Whether you think you can, or think you can’t-you’re right.”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic