Bob had his Rant now it's my turn!

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
ironhorse
First Name: G.R.
Last Name: Cheshire
MTFCA Number: 29759

Bob had his Rant now it's my turn!

Post by ironhorse » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:50 am

I hate Flippers trying to buy my property!!!! I have not updated my phone information with the property appraiser, I have put my cell phones on the national do not call list and have received verification they are listed therein. I have disconnected from the landline world. but they use a service called Lexus-Nexus to obtain my cell phone number and call me anyway. I used to politely tell them my number was on the do not call list no help. So I started doing things like telling them they have created a sellers market since I haven't listed my property then if they want it they will have to meet my price I usually quote 1/2 million and when they object I go higher. Then they say we see you have other property in the area are you willing to sell any of those properties I tell them 4 million apiece. Does any one know how to rid oneself of the blood sucking parasites. the most effective thing I have found is to talk to them in fluent sailor (22 years in the Navy I think I speak fluent sailor)....Gee your right Bob it does make you feel normal again!
Do it right or do it over,your choice. Drive like everyone is out to get you!

TXGOAT2
First Name: Pat
Last Name: McNallen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926-7 roadster
MTFCA Number: 51486
Board Member Since: 2021

Re: Bob had his Rant now it's my turn!

Post by TXGOAT2 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:27 pm

I get dozens of letters from those types. I expect they've found out I own a piece of property and am past "retirement age", and figure I need to sell out to pay for my "meds". Nope. Ain't goin' to Vegas, either. I'd rather have my place than their 2-bit Biden dollars, and they're either totally insane or looking to buy under market, probably WAY under market, to re-sell.

Dan Hatch
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Hatch
MTFCA Number: 49974

Post by Dan Hatch » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:04 pm

If you are just using cell phone you should be able to set it like mine is.
If I have not put you on my contact list or called you, your call goes straight to voicemail. If you want me you can leave me a message.
This also helps because being in shop almost all day, by time I get machine shut off and wash hands the phone has gone to voicemail anyway.
Try it you will like it. Dan

A Whiteman
First Name: Adrian
Last Name: Whiteman
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 TT, 1924 Colonial Roadster, 1924 'Bullnose' Morris, 1925 'Bullnose' Morris, 1936 JD AR

Post by A Whiteman » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:13 pm

or looking to buy under market, probably WAY under market, to re-sell.
One word - 'Yep"

In old English these folk were called 'Swindlers" as they just want to cheat you while patting you on the head and smiling.

Craig Leach
First Name: craig
Last Name: leach
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1919 Firetruck/1922 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 26647

Post by Craig Leach » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:40 pm

I just start talking to them about politics, or anything that comes to mind after about 10 minutes they put you on a list that they pay attention so they wont get there time wasted. Try it some time it dosnt make any differance what you talk about they will end up hanging up on you. Be carefull the wife will think you lost your mind when she finds out you talked to a complete stranger for 8-10 minutes about your grand kids.
Craig.

Norman Kling
First Name: Norman
Last Name: Kling

Post by Norman Kling » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:18 pm

This goes for all telephone solicitors. If I have time to kill, I keep leading them on until finally I tell them I have kept them on the line so they won't bother someone else. Get a real job! If they speak with an accent, I tell them to speak American English. I can't understand them. If I am busy, I just yell, "Don't call me again, you jerk!" and hang up. Sometimes it goes to voice mail, and they hang up.
Norm

Bill Dizer
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Dizer
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1925 coupe, 1927 depot hack
MTFCA Number: 28610
MTFCA Life Member: YES
Board Member Since: 2014

Post by Bill Dizer » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:13 pm

Some female is giving out my cell number as hers, to all kinds of telemarketers etc. When they call and ask for her, I tell them she died of Covid which slows them down for a while. Once I recognized a repeat caller for her and answered “Mabel’s whorehouse” which made them stutter a second, then they asked for her again, and I repeated the greeting, and told them she wasn’t scheduled to work that night! They said they’ll make a note about it and hung up in a hurry!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic