EBAY is at it AGAIN

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
DickC
First Name: Dick
Last Name: Cruickshank
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1912 Depot Hack, 1916 Touring

EBAY is at it AGAIN

Post by DickC » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:53 pm

I give up! I was able to review autos and motorcycles in a group of years that I have interest in. I have bought 3 cars on EBAY over the years but they keep changing the search capability to where I no longer can search my interest without selecting a car name. Previously I searched all cars between the years 1909--1927. The same for motorcycles. Maybe there is a way but I can't be bothered. Who dreams up the new searches. Not a person in the hobby. EBAY should be able to reduce the number of employees and not have people keeping busy changing/designing things THEY think are better.
Bah Humbug!!!

Tom Hicks
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Hicks
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '24 TT, '26 TT, '24 Speedster, '26 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 32518

Re: EBAY is at it AGAIN

Post by Tom Hicks » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:21 am

It is confusing. Partly due to the number of categories, and partly due to where the seller decides to list the item. When looking for T's, I have found that going to the following link gets most of what I want:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks/60 ... 32&_fspt=1
Technology, the solution to all of our problems... and the cause of most of them.

Topic author
DickC

Post by DickC » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:53 am

Tom, what you say is true and is the way EDAY thinks. The issue is, I have T's along with other cars in the years 1909 t0 1927. I had the ability to look at cars and then indicate "oldest first" and EBAY would sort that way and I was able to view all makes within those years. Someone on EBAY staff thought otherwise and I can't seem to be able to do that. They probably don't collect cars and don't think that way, if at all.

Tom Hicks
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Hicks
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: '24 TT, '26 TT, '24 Speedster, '26 Speedster
MTFCA Number: 32518

Post by Tom Hicks » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:51 am

I misunderstood your original question, I thought you were looking exclusively for T's. I now understand your complaint. It does seem that eBay's search feature would be sophisticated enough to search for all vehicles by year, not just specific models. And it seems it would be relatively easy for them to set up exactly the search you need. I am sure you are not the only one aggravated by this.

Plus it is almost impossible to get in touch with anyone at eBay.

Did you miss bidding on a vehicle because you didn't see it listed?
Technology, the solution to all of our problems... and the cause of most of them.

Topic author
DickC

Post by DickC » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:03 pm

Found a new way to search as I wanted to for both cars and motorcycles. I am reluctant to tell anyone how because there might be a mole lurking on the forum and they would go back and eliminate the technique I have. Kind of silly of me but I have been through this about three times in the past several years!!!!

Grizwaldo
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Grisbee
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 0

Post by Grizwaldo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:59 pm

I searched for something for an early Cadillac,don't remember what exactly,but a Ford Ranger pickup tailgate was one of the things that came up. I'm still puzzling over that one,but what I want to mention is a msg I got from ebay/Fedex. It said if something dangerous is sent by Fedex on an ebay sale and it's not marked correctly,I guess by not telling the clerk,so it doesn't get marked as dangerous,ebay can debit your account $350. So if anyone is selling and sending Prestolite tanks,gas tanks,anything else questionable,I guess they better spill their guts on the contents of their box to be on the safe side.

perry kete
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Seth
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1922 Coupe 1927 Touring

Post by perry kete » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:04 pm

The method that E-Bay applies to it's site is no different then any department or grocery store and it's done to increase sales. Department and grocery stores move items and displays around so you have to walk through the entire store to find an item that you always buy. The item you want was always on the third shelf in the 5th isle but now you need to hunt for it. That way it increase sales via impulse buying and seeing all the merchandise they offer. The same reason to the snacks, magazines, gum, breath mints, and candy are by the register it creates impulse buying.
1922 Coupe & 1927 Touring

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic