Queen Elizabeth my T and her the mechanic!

Posts that have nothing to do with the Model T. You can post here or OT posts will be moved here.
Forum rules
If you need help logging in, or have question about how something works, use the Support forum located here Support Forum
Complete set of Forum Rules Forum Rules

Topic author
Matt in California
First Name: Matt
Last Name: G
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926 Touring, 1926 Fordor Project, TT C-cab flatbed farm field find, TT dump truck project
MTFCA Number: 30697

Queen Elizabeth my T and her the mechanic!

Post by Matt in California » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:39 am

With the queen’s passing I found that her birthdate was April 21st, 1926. My cars engine is from April 15! If I understand things the car would’ve been built shortly after the engine was stamped. So for all practical purposes my car shares the same birthday with the queen.

Then today I discovered that during World War II she was a army mechanic and driver! https://youtu.be/R2grMaRttws

What a life to celebrate!

Enjoy
Matt

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Re: Queen Elizabeth my T and her the mechanic!

Post by Duey_C » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:06 am

Yep. Trained as a mechanic. Chose raising horses as a past-time later. Netted 9 mil a year.
Savvy lady though very likely could change her own Roll's oil.
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

TXGOAT2
First Name: Pat
Last Name: McNallen
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 1926-7 roadster
MTFCA Number: 51486
Board Member Since: 2021

Post by TXGOAT2 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:52 am

Her Majesty had many interests:

British Goat Society
The British Goat Society would like to express their great sadness at the passing of Her Majesty the Queen. We were honoured to have the Queen as our Patron from 1952 until 1999, when she reduced some her of activities and her cousin HRH Princess Alexandra became our patron in her place.

Duey_C
First Name: Duane
Last Name: Cooley
* REQUIRED* Type and Year of Model Ts owned: 18 Runabout, 24 Runabout for 20yrs, 25 TT, late Center Door project, open express pickup
MTFCA Number: 32488
Board Member Since: 2015

Post by Duey_C » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:01 am

England:
My great, great granddad stowed away on a sailing ship in 1854 bound for America.
Other namesakes were sent to Australia for stealing sheep in the early 1840's.
How does this relate to Matt's fine post? I've since forgiven Victoria so Elizabeth the mechanic will forever be a shoe-in for praise/reverence, :) A class act.
Since I lost my mind mind, I feel more liberated

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic